If he's 'on the spectrum' that probably means he's in the Autistic Spectrum...sounds like he's high functioning so he could be a 'savant' in that he'll develop a skill that will far and away be off the charts compared to others...so, if guitar is something he already enjoys you could be looking at a super talent in the making..if he's encouraged to pursue it.
Love to hear how this works out....keep us informed!
Indeed. My wife is a teacher and one of her former students is Autistic. He he currently a student at the University Of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music and hes doing incredibly well!

Last edited:
Ibanez GIO. You can get these in the short scale that is perfect for younger kids. Two humbuckers fixed bridge for under $100 on ebay or Music Go Round. Great little guitars. I got one for my daughter years ago.

Mike,if he still needs an amp I have a little boss katana. Maybe a 8”speaker. Lots of cool fx and actually sounds freaking killer. I know for me it was important to have something that sounded good to inspire me when I was young.
you got my number. Hit me up if he needs it and I’ll ship it out to you.

Mike,if he still needs an amp I have a little boss katana. Maybe a 8”speaker. Lots of cool fx and actually sounds freaking killer. I know for me it was important to have something that sounded good to inspire me when I was young.
you got my number. Hit me up if he needs it and I’ll ship it out to you.

Appreciate that bro! Someone else sent out a katana a few days ago. But the offer is super cool man! And yes, having something that sounded good was super important. Gyre un and I spoke when we met up yesterday. We were talking about our first amps. Mine was a backstage plus and it was atrocious. It sounded so bad!!!

a katana would have been a dream amp for me!! Haha.

Appreciate that bro! Someone else sent out a katana a few days ago. But the offer is super cool man! And yes, having something that sounded good was super important. Gyre un and I spoke when we met up yesterday. We were talking about our first amps. Mine was a backstage plus and it was atrocious. It sounded so bad!!!

a katana would have been a dream amp for me!! Haha.

Gtrwun, not gyre un, god damn autocorrect

Back