ZEN Amps YouTube thread - Friedman Dirty Shirley 40W vid up

Oh hell yeah.
I really appreciate the Led Zenplin type sample
riffs which facilitates a broader range to the anybody players and takes a load of the Leon guy sounding good through anything type of juggernaut.
This is where herds of YouTuber’s paint themselves into a corner.
Well done.
On another note,
my favorite coat designer in the world who designs my coats and trousers is an Aussie,
Myra Jess, Fabric Sculptress
And my favorite species of women are Aussies’,
- I eat’em for breakfast like my drums.

Last edited:
Thanks all, really encouraging to hear it's doing what it was designed to do. I was a bit ambivalent about starting this up but glad we did, and really appreciate the support, kind words and constructive feedback so far.

Great work showcasing the true tones in these amps - so much better than 99% of the other videos out there.
Mate too kind, but thanks!

That’s how you do It! Great tones, gear and playing, without the incessant babbling that so many YT gear demos contain. Well done, Zen! 🤘
Leon is a great talker but I think even he was relieved when we gave him the brief. He gets to play 95% of the time - surely that's what it's all about.

Nicely done Zen amps. love the HUGE wall of amps on display. the Wizard amp video is amazing. makes me wanna try one even more now. haha

Keep em coming.

Where does one go about getting/buying one of those t-shirts?

Cheers
When we're rich and famous knock-offs will be available at your local dollar discount store.

Just finished watching all . Great stuff. Sharing with all my students so they stop using Marshall MGS and Vypers and get cool tube amps
Kids today huh? If we've helped just one child then it's all been worth it.

The audio ninja has been slain.
Don't know what this means, but I think it's good and I'll be using it!

It took us a while but here we are: ZEN Amps on YouTube

A big thanks to everyone that took the time to offer their opinions and preferences on the life-or-death topic of YouTube amp stuff.

First four videos + trailer are up:
1. Hiwatt Custom Shop 50 (DR504)
2. Soldano Hot Rod 50+XL
3. Wizard Modern Classic II 100W
4. Marshall JMP50 small box (1971)

The winsome Leon Todd is your host and he's joined by a bunch of great Aussie players covering a range of genres.

Clickbaity, chatty opinion pieces do not interest us, nor do the 'manufactured controversy' type of videos that are so common. Frankly we're gear-nerds with engineering backgrounds - we just want to capture what the amp is capable of with no fanfare, and let the audio do the talking. Leon will say hi and thanks but it's 99% dudes playing through amps, and the listener can make up their own mind without narration.

The plan is a video per week but they're very time-consuming so it may be slower. If you tune-in please say g'day via the comments section, and suggestions for future videos are of course welcomed.

Cheers from down under.

Love it man, great job, glad you got this up and running!

Again thank you all for the kind feedback and positive vibes, it's much appreciated. Tonnes of hard is going into this so glad it's hitting the mark.

I certainly don't mind but it was a derogatory comment directed at a most deserving individual (not you guys). So you probably shouldn't.
Hmm, sounds like there's a backstory there - is it interesting enough to retell? Kinda new to this forum so catching up on what seems like decades of drama, intrigue and mystery!

Excellent demos. Really does a great job of capturing each amps subtleties as well as what a difference the cabs make. Great work!

Excellent demos. Really does a great job of capturing each amps subtleties as well as what a difference the cabs make. Great work!
This is why these clips shine. Even some folks who've made great sounding clips, when switching amp, cabs, guitars, there's barely a difference in the recording. Zen's clips sound radically different when switching cabs, guitars, players and the amps don't sound like each other at all. It's because they managed to capture realism. They sound like that in person so it's as simple as that. They took a lot of time with strategic mic placement and such. Suck it, digital IR's !!!

This is why these clips shine. Even some folks who've made great sounding clips, when switching amp, cabs, guitars, there's barely a difference in the recording. Zen's clips sound radically different when switching cabs, guitars, players and the amps don't sound like each other at all. It's because they managed to capture realism. They sound like that in person so it's as simple as that. They took a lot of time with strategic mic placement and such. Suck it, digital IR's !!!
Agreed 100%. Wish I had good recording skills like Zen

Back