ZEN Amps YouTube thread - Friedman Dirty Shirley 40W vid up

The herbert and the vh4 are probably the two amps i tried in the past 20 years that i only liked with their matching cabs. Ppl rave about mesa cabs matching with the D but when i tried my traditional recto 4x12 i absolutely despised the tone. The bass was tubby flubby while at the same time the top end was shrill and brittle. When i matched the herbert with a FL v30 diezel and the vh4 with a RL v30 diezel cab i could not believe the difference. Probably the best two sounding amps after having played a friends bogner twin jet kt88 through my old orange 4x12 with top scumback h75 bottom v30. Also i believe the orange cab is not a great match for diezel amps the bottom end is too loose and mids are super hollow. I love orange cabs with middier amps like 5150, marshall dsl/tsl or older mesa marks

The herbert and the vh4 are probably the two amps i tried in the past 20 years that i only liked with their matching cabs. Ppl rave about mesa cabs matching with the D but when i tried my traditional recto 4x12 i absolutely despised the tone. The bass was tubby flubby while at the same time the top end was shrill and brittle. When i matched the herbert with a FL v30 diezel and the vh4 with a RL v30 diezel cab i could not believe the difference. Probably the best two sounding amps after having played a friends bogner twin jet kt88 through my old orange 4x12 with top scumback h75 bottom v30. Also i believe the orange cab is not a great match for diezel amps the bottom end is too loose and mids are super hollow. I love orange cabs with middier amps like 5150, marshall dsl/tsl or older mesa marks
I have a Mesa Traditional 412 for my Herbert and it was ok. I did remove 2 V30s and replaced them with K100s in an x-pattern. Way better once I did that.

Well blow me down with a feather. You're a Magpie! :inlove:

Awesome man, just awesome. :cheers2:

EDIT:
And a Star Trek fan no less. Got 'em all and watch them over-and-over in-sequence. :doh: :cheers2:

EDIT 2:
A Virgo too? I'm guessing yeah... :LOL:
giphy.gif

Love the videos!! I think my favorite part is the players comments. Would be cool to separate them by each player as a reference to what they were playing.

Wizard MTL time:

Wow this is badass.
THIS is my fav demo channel by far. You guys really have taken it to a new level. I know it takes extra work because it is not plug and play but well well worth it my friends.

Special note of happiness for the drop C Zen Frankie clip wow :love: That must be a custom guitar you guys did because I can't find anything on it on goggle. All the variances in the demo though were really good.

Now onto the BE demo

Last edited:
Wow this is badass.
THIS is my demo channel by far. You guys really have taken it to a new level. I know it takes extra work because it is not plug and play but well well worth it my friends.

Special note of happiness for the drop C Zen Frankie clip wow :love: That must be a custom guitar you guys did because I can't find anything on it on goggle. All the variances in the demo though were really good.

Now onto the BE demo
Thanks man. Our Frankie is just a Mex strat with a great pickup (and a terrible paint job), does the job! Both BE vids are up now.

Tell the guy with the evil green guitar that starts it
off, you’re hired!!!
He knows how to get around that guitar & Diezel.
The Herbert MK2 is in my top 5 heavy crunchers.
That's our buddy Cale - top dude and a great player! Guitar is a from a Sydney luthier doing some really interesting stuff: Kepler Guitars

Thanks for watching 🤘

Could be, though this place is not known for folks holding back. Especially when the C word is mentioned - that dude polarises more than Ray Bans.

I was talking about the ZEN team...not rigtalk...
Super quality videos...damm the guitarists are so good...

It gets mentioned every time, still worth it...

Back