ZEN Amps YouTube thread - Friedman Dirty Shirley 40W vid up

ZEN Amps

EDIT: I'll post in this thread when a new video goes up - hope that's not too spammy for you gentlemen.

It took us a while but here we are: ZEN Amps on YouTube

A big thanks to everyone that took the time to offer their opinions and preferences on the life-or-death topic of YouTube amp stuff.

First four videos + trailer are up:
1. Hiwatt Custom Shop 50 (DR504)
2. Soldano Hot Rod 50+XL
3. Wizard Modern Classic II 100W
4. Marshall JMP50 small box (1971)

The winsome Leon Todd is your host and he's joined by a bunch of great Aussie players covering a range of genres.

Clickbaity, chatty opinion pieces do not interest us, nor do the 'manufactured controversy' type of videos that are so common. Frankly we're gear-nerds with engineering backgrounds - we just want to capture what the amp is capable of with no fanfare, and let the audio do the talking. Leon will say hi and thanks but it's 99% dudes playing through amps, and the listener can make up their own mind without narration.

The plan is a video per week but they're very time-consuming so it may be slower. If you tune-in please say g'day via the comments section, and suggestions for future videos are of course welcomed.

Cheers from down under.

Last edited:
Nicely done Zen amps. love the HUGE wall of amps on display. the Wizard amp video is amazing. makes me wanna try one even more now. haha

Keep em coming.

Where does one go about getting/buying one of those t-shirts?

Cheers

Very cool! Looking forward to it. Maybe once you build a library of videos for all the amps you can do something similar for speakers (so same speaker but with a bunch of different guitars and amps) and then for mics.

Very well done! Of course I went straight to the JMP Smallbox video. :ROFLMAO:

What does the term 'shuck' mean? I think I can tell from context but I've never heard that term before and both of the first two videos I watched used it. You guys use more colorful language than we do so sometimes I don't know exactly what it means.

Thanks for the kind words guys, it's nice to finally get this thing off the ground after a ridiculous amount of work. I think the format is working well - I mean it's a little cluttered on-screen but we wanted it to be information rich for the tone sluts and I'm pretty sure no one ever reads the description.

What does the term 'shuck' mean? I think I can tell from context but I've never heard that term before and both of the first two videos I watched used it. You guys use more colorful language than we do so sometimes I don't know exactly what it means.
Ha, that's just me having fun. It's a song from The Darkness, 'Black Shuck'. Even though I know countless AC-DC riffs this is the one I find myself playing though a Marshally amp to give it a test run. If it stings and bites but and has that bouncy attack, then it Shucks!

Leon fell in love with the Wizard MTL btw, he's put a short video up on his channel. One super sleuth commenter is doubtful of the wall and is claiming green-screen. We wish, you should see our tube bill.

Back