Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sun, Nov 18, 2018 6:36pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: VH4 MIDI Switching Issue
PostPosted: Fri, Aug 17, 2018 1:32pm 
Hack

Are you human?: 951
Hey everyone.... just set up RJM Mastermind LT switcher and looking for some insight. I have strymon midi pedals and axess grx4 loop switcher being controlled and everything is on a separate midi channel including VH4 (channel 6). LT is switching pedals to designated programs (not always sequential presets for Strymons) without problem. First 4 presets are various delays and reverb presets that are bypassed (using CC) and have VH4 amp channels 1,2,3, and then 1 respectively. Amp switching works when going from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and 1 to 3 ---except will not go from channel 3 to channel 1 on the amp -- it will go to 2 instead.

I then set all strymon pedals to sequential order and amp switching worked perfectly. I reconfigured LT to just have VH4 and again worked perfectly. As soon as incorporate other midi devices with program changes (again on separate midi channels) and I alter those midi program changes in a way where program change #s are not sequential, I experience the amp channel issue. It will go from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 but not 3 to 1 but will go to 2 instead.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 18, 2018 1:55am 
Diezel Amplification

service@diezelamplification.com

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 19, 2018 1:24pm 
Hack

thanks Peter...just did. I had everything working after this email but after I started doing Strymon +/- changes, amp channels were changing as well. Did MIDI monitor and confirmed only channel 1 messages were sent and diezel on channel 6 was still responding to them. I'll wait to hear back from you via email.