The Diezel VHX (New 2019 Amp Prototype!!!)

Leo Diezel":vjcqousw said:
Amberience":vjcqousw said:
Leo Diezel":vjcqousw said:
I'm sure Peter will let you know when some will be ready... meanwhile I'll just let this here ;)

It's labelled the VHX but doesn't seem to be enough knobs?? Is this the VH Mini??

It is the production version of the VHX.
The visible difference from the prototypes version are:

- Function switches replaced by a fixed function encoder for faster user experience
- One more knob with fixed "Master Volume" function
- PREAMP LOOP moved to the front
- Dedicated Headphone output
- Ground Lift on XLR
- External bluetooth Antenna for better wireless range

okay groovy!!!

Holy shit this thing looks more complicated than I’m geared for but I want it anyway. Please make it with a comprehensive manual for us dummies. ?

orionz06":1b47umw4 said:
That price, if it does what I hope, is about $2000 less than I honestly expected. Bravo!

I will ask then Peter to raise the price a bit more in order to meet user expectation :LOL: :LOL:

Where is the coverage? I can’t find any videos from NAMM? ?

I would love to see it emulate all the different preamp voices like Herbert and Hagen and VH4.

When you're in the pre amp window does it allow you to choose not only the Diezel head but the channel of that specific head? (I'll assume yes but wanna make sure)

Any Diezel cab simulation?
I could've sworn I read something about this.

And if the above is true I'm going to assume the Peters are happy with how the VHX replicates those head channel sounds. But the real question is....

VHX vs Kemper Diezel, you know it's coming so get your copy and paste answers ready Diezel. LOL

Pain":9ei0jje1 said:
When you're in the pre amp window does it allow you to choose not only the Diezel head but the channel of that specific head? (I'll assume yes but wanna make sure)

Any Diezel cab simulation?
I could've sworn I read something about this.

And if the above is true I'm going to assume the Peters are happy with how the VHX replicates those head channel sounds. But the real question is....

VHX vs Kemper Diezel, you know it's coming so get your copy and paste answers ready Diezel. LOL

Preamp section let you choose 4 different kind, "GREEN", "YELLOW, "BLUE" and "RED".
For "GREEN" and "YELLOW" you could choose to enable bright.
For "BLUE" and "RED" kind you could choose 3 different "SHAPE".

Yes it has Diezel cab simulation in it preloaded, with different speaker and mic setting to choose from.

And there will be more :)

https://www.facebook.com/moridaira/vide ... 992626029/

Thomann customer service gave me following information:
"Diezel VHX flagship amplifier should be available mid/end February. More Information to follow soon"

Nice, very nice.

@Peter,@Leo, can you comment the fuses and tube fault indicators?

VHX manual is now online:

https://www.diezelamplification.com/man ... M_1_55.pdf

It seems that there is plenty of "menu surfing and storing" instead of amplike user experience. The sound might be there, but the "axedized" user interface is not for me. Columbus FS or equivalent is mandatory for this amp.

In the manual, it is said that "Blown fuses can only be replaced with fuses of equal values. The use of incorrect fuses is prohibited and can cause severe injury and damage of the amplifier". On the other hand, it says "DO NOT OPEN the device housing. It must only be done by authorized personnel. Your VHX operates on very high internal voltages, which may still be present after the device has been turned off and disconnected for a while. No user serviceable parts inside".
My question is: where are the fuses and how they should be accessed??

Leo Diezel":1nimh0lv said:
I posted an internal picture earlier for your reference.
The only user accessible fuse is on the AC plug.

OK, so no tubespecific fuse protection anymore?

EDIT: the fuse concept is similar to VH2, where the master fuse is in the mains plug. Good :)

Back