If ya don't have a Hagen

Can somebody please do an A/B video clip between the VH4 and Hagen ?

I recently ran a 12ax7 tungsol on both V1 and PI with the rest china 12ax7b and i finally put a smile on my face !!!

I have not tried RFT yet but i just gotten 4 pieces coming... wonder what magic will it brings....

hopkinWFG":3v3oct0y said:

I recently ran a 12ax7 tungsol on both V1 and PI with the rest china 12ax7b and i finally put a smile on my face !!!

I have not tried RFT yet but i just gotten 4 pieces coming... wonder what magic will it brings....
Clips won't do either justice.

The vids on Diezel's homepage showing each amp are excellent, IMHO. I have both, all I can say is the biggest difference to me is how they feel when you're in front of them, how they react/respond, what they give you in call/response feedback etc. I've also summed it up like this - I can get my Hagen to sound like my VH4, but I can't get my VH4 to sound like my Hagen.

It's an amazing amp - it's all in the technique if ya wanna open it up and give it a loose feel, or if ya wanna make it blunt and thunderous. I love it, it's addictive - and it's my main Diezel amp.

Just saying... I know there's a lot of love for the new VHX and rightly so, and diehards for the Herbert, the VH4, etc. - but this Hagen?? It just never gets old - and it does SO much, SO very very well.

Peace & Powerchords :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Unkle Mo

hopkinWFG":vstm0zr8 said:
Yes, this. Is the Hagen designed for a different type of player/music than the VH4?

Mailman1971":2hpuszlz said:
Dammit Mo....
Hagen is the one I haven’t played yet!! :doh:
:rock:

Say it isn't so
I still have my Herbert, yet also have HAGEN :D

You must play one, soon.... :thumbsup:

SpiderWars":388uja2u said:
hopkinWFG":388uja2u said:
Yes, this. Is the Hagen designed for a different type of player/music than the VH4?

The Hagen is what a new VH4, with all the gained experience from Peter decades of tuning would be, just with a different name, to us it's like a better VH4, so target are musicians who like amazing tone no matter the style or genre they play!

Hagen is actually the VH4 mkII

:2thumbsup: :cheers:

I'm a Hagen lover, she'll get a hold on you believe it. Like no other, before you know it you'll be on your knees. :worship:

H3svIram.jpg

Just joined here but I just this week got my first Diezel, a Hagen. I'm loving it. Very raw sounding but with a boost its beastly.

Attachments

• IMG-20200929-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20200929-WA0009.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 860
can anybody explain me something. Everybody love VH4, many of us love Herbert, out of big 3 Diezels, Hagen seems to get least love, why ?

belensky":3p8ogwdn said:
can anybody explain me something. Everybody love VH4, many of us love Herbert, out of big 3 Diezels, Hagen seems to get least love, why ?

Hagen lies somewhere in between the VH4 and Herbert worlds? VH4 soundscape is the thing for many, while Herbert has his own things to look after. Hagen may play in both areas and outside as well, but the Hagen specific unique superiority seems to be still missing or not known for masses.

I had Hagen and VH2 simultaneously (after VH4 and D-Moll) and for my needs, the VH2 can do everything I want from Diezel amp.

I've been thinking a lot over the last year about it and was just thinking this morning if I get a new lodger in my house I might use all their rent money to buy me a Hagen. I've been pondering it for ages. Ironically yesterday I was recording my Herbert and it sounds massive, so maybe I don't need to. My Herbert really has stopped my amp GAS for the last 12(?) years.

It's not a good business model - make an amp so fine the customer never wants another one! But equally then when they do, you know where they'll get it from. :LOL: :LOL:

Btw, if anyone has experience of the Bogner XTC and various Diezels, would you say the Hagen is *anything* more like it than the Herbert (people talk about it being raw/open/less compressed?!?!)? Obviously not a very comparable amp on the face of it, but I have an XTC 20th anniversary. It's an absolutely beautiful amp, but just won't do what my Diezel Herbert does that I love it for, so I don't use it as much as I should. But if a Hagen was a *little* more like that amp than my Herbert, that'd be a driver for saving my pennies up. Making an amp "bluesier"/"spongier" or more classic sounding but while retaining that massive modern rich Diezel punch may be an oxymoron though. I just love a bit of what that amp gives me in terms of a certain 'woody'/'classic' sound in medium gain areas often, but the Herbert wins more on overall what I want/need. No access to try them all out though. Trying to describe sound is impossible, but maybe drawing parallels to other amps works? :)

Hey there,
I actually have the 3 amps you mention. There’s a reason I still all three.
There is something each offers that is unique.

I totally hear you regarding Herbert!! My main “go to” amp for a quite a while.
The 20th is another AMAZING amplifier. Seriously can’t say anything bad about it. It does “its” thing like NO other. My only possible wish would be that more options be footswitchable...so many ways to shape and shift tone and no way to do that “on the fly.” Still, way different and a reason to own both of these.

Now, the Hagen is a different animal again.
It’s a 4 channel Diezel, so you can imagine that there are 3 gain levels and a clean, set up similarly to the VH4. However that’s were similarities stop. Hagen is simply voiced differently. As you mentioned, less compression, more open sounding...nice clean, and great gain.
If you are looking for something to offer you another type of sound, then Hagen might be a good choice. It’s very different from Herbert and XTC 20th.

I don’t see them for sale on the used market all that often...which is interesting. Could mean people simply keep them, like me (I have #10). Or, they just haven’t flooded the market since more hype has always been with the VH4 and Herbert, plus there are quite a few other Diezel offerings. I did have a VH4, yet sold that and kept Herbert and Hagen. I also tried an Einstein a while back, it also moved on.

Regardless, Hagen is a KILLER amp. Many people LOVE them.
It’s impossible to say what’s best for YOU, obviously.
In the end, I sit in the camp of “it’s unique enough to warrant owning one” because Hagen just isn’t like other amps. I really don’t know what to compare it to, that’s why I dig it.

Best of luck Me, to be sure...Diezel satisfies.

GtarLover":1sjfqm3s said:
I actually have the 3 amps you mention. There’s a reason I still all three. There is something each offers that is unique.
But I can't play/justify 3 amazing amps all at once. I'm not Adam Jones, much as I'd love to be. :cry:

Well you haven't made it sound any less tempting. I might start looking at selling some unused gear and saving some cash. Anyone wanna swap one for a Fender Hotrod deluxe? ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Back