Someone describe a herbie with 6l6's?

THANK YOU!!! :) Shawn is a massive influence as well as many others i am humbled and honored that you would even mention my name in the same breath as those cats !!! i just need something to record on, my computer is older and unfortunately i have this bad habit of buying guitars/amps instead of a cheap way to record :) when i do get something its on! and to makethemsuffers comment i find 6l6's much less forgiving than the el34's BUT thats also my combination of hands and guitars (which is andersons 99 percent of the time) However i do love the clarity that i get out of the 6l6. thanx again to all the kind words!!!

>|<>QBB<
Peter Diezel":11466 said:
To be honest.
The 6L6 is the tube which is forgiving.
You never will get out a dirty tone.
So if want to get a dirty and non focussed
tone ....... EL34

Sorry guys and now we are back into businnes

8) 8) 8)

I am a little confused by this statement.

Is the 6l6 tube more forgiving than el34s?

Or is the el34 more focused?

huh? :?

>|<>QBB<
van hellion":d0046 said:
THANK YOU!!! :) Shawn is a massive influence as well as many others i am humbled and honored that you would even mention my name in the same breath as those cats !!!

don't be Andy, you smoke!!! :rawk: AND.... you love Andersons!!!

8) :LOL:

LOVE those andersons, i have 3!!! Roy is super easy to work with as well. and to answer fuzzys question i personally find the 6l6 less "forgiving" but i find the main difference is an eq/voice difference rather than one being easier to play.

this is always my description but here it is again.
6l6=smooth dirt ala petrucci style leads
el34= raunchy marshall dirt, still VERY cool but more slash kinda tones

in my opinion 6l6's have much better cleans
this is also just what i percieve, what matters is what your ears enjoy
good luck

:|::QBB:
van hellion":2afd0 said:
LOVE those andersons, i have 3!!! Roy is super easy to work with as well.

Andy, it's a Roy Fought love fest. Ain't he the best?!?! I'm waiting for my hollow T Classic in April and a Cobra in May/June. They will be bonding with these when they arrive home..... :D
mike

myandys.jpg

eddyrox":8e7e6 said:

Andy, it's a Roy Fought love fest. Ain't he the best?!?! I'm waiting for my hollow T Classic in April and a Cobra in May/June. They will be bonding with these when they arrive home..... :D
mike

myandys.jpg

That drop top looks just marvelous!!!

I just found out that John Suhr and Tom Anderson worked in the same shop for a little while, I was wondering why the guitars looked similar, hell the pickups are even slightly similar...Anderson's pickups are just styled more schecter like ...which I think is when they both work at the same time, it was a Schecter custom shop, is porbably why. Either way they both have FANTASTIC guitars, I'm more partial to the Suhr's though.

-Nick

Back