Welcoming myself as a proud VH4 owner !!!

Axegrinderturbo

Hi,

Just thought i'd make my first ever post and just say how amazing I think my VH4 is (I know i'm talking to the converted), I'm so glad to be part of the elite amplifier group :). I thought my boogie was good but it's just another step up quality and in punchy organic sound. A big thank you to James @ Diezel UK for hooking me up with my amp too, he was so helpful.

That's enough rambling for now and i'll be posting soon with some fx loop questions because i'm a bit stuck !!!

Thanks again, and Diezel forever. Rock on ! :rawk:

do you find yourself not looking at the marshall and the boogie the same way?

i have an old Dual rectifier and i find myself gassing for a VH4. unfortunatilly i can't afford 2 heads right now so i'd have to get rid of the DR..

could you live without your DR if you had too?

Brae

I went from Marshall's to Mesa Mark 3 > Single Recto > Triple Recto > Mark 4 > Dual Recto > VH4.

VH4 has so much more tone than the Recto's, and i dont need overdrivepedals anymore (with passive pickups) to get my sound.

Duals can be scratchy from time to time and their lows can be very boomy/uncontrolled.
The VH4 has very nice compressed lows. Always a thick tone, even with a minimum of low-end. Tight as a Hetfield without pedals, yeah!! I've never regret losing the Dual for the Diezel.

Once you've played one, there's no way back. :D

>|<>QBB<
KillDivision":a659b said:
Once you've played one, there's no way back. :D

Well put!

Once you go black you never come back!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Axegrinderturbo congrats for your new head, happy playing and welcome aboard!

I went for a Herbert in the end but would LOVE a VH4S as well. Unfortunately I'm penniless now though! :(

Thanks for the warm welcome!

With regards to the dual recto (mines a 2003 3 channel) I constantly find myself having to tweak the settings and to be honest it can sound a bit fizzy and processed at times, I do think it's a great amp, the styling alone is amazing I think, but it's quite a tricky amp to work with. Compared with the Diezel, as soon as I plugged in I was sold, it was that good, even at low volumes it sounds immense!

To eternal idol, if you're considering swaping the recto for the Diezel i'd 110% reccomend this, you will not be dissapointed. Also, I don't really look at the Marshall any different as I see that as a completely different beast, it always sounds good and is really reliable, i've toured a couple of times with it un-flightcased and it's never let me down.

Rock on! :)

Back