TC Integrated Preamp kicks ass! Herbert Meshuggah Clip to celebrate --> SOUL BURN!!

agentorange

I got my TC Electronics Integrated Preamp the other day from a dude on ebay. It arrived safe and sound and i was anxious to try it, having heard so much hype on the mesh forums and here. I didnt have the power supply, since the dude i bought it from never had one and theyre rarer than the unit itself, so after a disapointing start (it sounds pretty crap from the battery), i sourced a powersupply from maplins instead. I was fully expecting to plug it in and hear no difference and regret everything and want to sell it, but it fucking rocks. I didnt really hear the difference at first, but then i realised how much clearer my palm mutes were and how much definition it had. Id been getting this from the SD-1, but it was adding too much noise and lots of fizz to the sound and really making it sound more solid state.

So i did a meshuggah clip to celebrate, ive always dug this groove and i had a guitar pro of the drums, so i put it together when i got back from work today. Its not the tighest playing ive ever recorded, but ive been at work all day and im knackered so cut a brother some slack :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=127874

What do you think? Converting to MP3 always seems to compress the highs a lot, but it still came out ok, despite soundclicks voodoo.

James

Thats fucking awesome. I use mine more like a marshall .... but what were your settings??? How'd you get that sound without it being too scooped? What tubes? SpeakerS?

Great job! PS- what drums?

>|<>QBB<
steve10358":c06b6 said:
Thats fucking awesome. I use mine more like a marshall .... but what were your settings??? How'd you get that sound without it being too scooped? What tubes? SpeakerS?

Great job! PS- what drums?

Cheers for checking it out man, ive been toying with the settings since i recorded it, as im still getting used to this pedal, but they werent too drastic. The only major thing was that the gain was at 9 oclock. The TC was boosting the guitar signal so that even using a little gain, it was still punchy and agressive.

I had the mid scoop on set as a kinda mid boost, so the intensity was low (8-9:00) and the level was high (around 2-3:). The bass, mid and treble were all around 1-2 i think and the depth and presence the same. It sounds a bit extreme in the room, but it records better this way. The mid cut with intensity set low gives a really deep powerful sound without that scooped tone that gets lost easily, so i usually set it this way.

The cab is my old 1960AV MArshall cab, which to be honest, is not the best match for the herbert, but ive never had the cash to upgrade it. The diezel puts out a lot of low end that this cab just doesnt like, which is where the TC comes in. It allows you to cut the bass from the guitar and add it on the amp, so it sounds big, without getting flubby. I heard something about only boosting even harmonics or something, but im not too sure about all that. The guitar is just my RG7321 beater 7 string, so its not that great an axe, but still sounds good to me.

Drums were DKFH with the midi ripped from an old guitar pro file.

James

Back