Einstein compensated out / Last night's gig

GloryHog

Used the compensated out last night for the first time at a gig and I've gotta say WOW! It was sweet and HUGE! We turn our amps sideways always at gigs to keep the stage volume from overpowering the mains. This enables us to turn up to get the monster tones and none of those "can you turn the guitars down?" from the soundguy. Not to mention, we can all hear each other so much better this way. For anyone who hasn't tried this live, you really should. The soundguy will love you for it too. Back to the compensated out. It's great that I can adjust my stage volume anytime during the set without changing the volume through the mains. I also just recently reconfigred my Mesa cab with 2 seasoned vintage 30's and 2 G12H 30's in an X pattern and it's fantastic! Bigger, deeper, chunkier, a little less "purr" and a little more "motor", if that makes any sense. So far, after 5+ months with Einy, it has been flawless and I honestly never knew an amp could sound as killer as Einstein. One of my best life's purchases with zero regrets! I've been playing for 24 years now and I've finally found "My Sound"! The Holy Grail has been obtained!

Hey Peter, :hail: Hail to the Master!!!

Damn, life is good right now! :weedman:

>>>Brian

The compensated out is surprisingly good, does give a sound that is a lot like what the amp sounds miced.

ive tried the compensated out on my amp before and for some reason, with my cab plugged into it, I cant figure out what is supposed to control the level of the line out signal...meaning when i turn my master level up, thats the only thing that turns up the line out level, and also my cab gets louder at the same time, I thought it could be used for silent recording/jamming

:|::QBB:
Captain_howdy":abd31 said:
ive tried the compensated out on my amp before and for some reason, with my cab plugged into it, I cant figure out what is supposed to control the level of the line out signal...meaning when i turn my master level up, thats the only thing that turns up the line out level, and also my cab gets louder at the same time, I thought it could be used for silent recording/jamming

Not sure what you had it plugged into, but I plugged mine directly into our mixer/board, and adjusted the volume accordingly from the mixer through the PA/monitors. Haven't tried it for any silent sessions yet.

:|::QBB:
duesentrieb":ec16c said:
http://www.thinlizzy.de/recout.mp3

That's a sweet sounding clip! I can't wait to record with Einstein. Hopefully we can do it soon and I can post some clips too. My drummer just got his brand new custom ordered DW kit on Saturday, and we jammed with it tonight. It's a killer freakin' kit! Nine months on order, but well worth the wait! The band has never sounded better! :D

Back