Ok really dumb question about the effects loop and live switching....

zzzsleepzzz

This has probably been asked before, if it has, sorry! I couldn't find any topic specifically about this one question...

Basically, what are the differences between the effects loops in the VH4 and the Herbert?

I had thought the VH4 had 4 seperate effects loops for each channel, but someone told me this isn't actually true, it's a parallel and serial and they are midi switchable?

Here is what I need, if ANYONE could give me tips on how to make this happen it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I have been using a Line 6 head live, usually I swtich between an HD147 and a Flextone, due ONLY to the fact that you have so many effects options at the press of each button. To me the PERFECT amp would be a tube beast WITH an amazing effects rack built into it and all the switching done via a pedal similiar to the one Line 6 uses...obviously this hasn't been done yet. If Line 6 made a quality tube head they would be SO FAR ahead of the game I think it'd be crazy...

I HATE playing live and tap dancing, I always LOVE one switch for each effect. I cannot stand having to press 3 footswitches to make an effects change. The line 6's have REALLY spoiled me...

HOWEVER...

I'm tired of the stale tone and am prepared to throw down whatever cash necessary to make my new tube set up I'm in search of switch exactly the same. So how do I go truly go about this?

There are now a few amps headed in this kind of direction...

The Marshall JVM with 4 channels and loops
Mesa Road King AND Roadster with 4 channels and loops

and OF COURSE the all mighty VH4 which is what I'm gunning for because I want the ULTIMATE tone setup.

I figure one of these would be the best option, my thought on that is more channels and loops is obviously going to be more versitale.

I DO NOT want an amp pedal AND and effects pedal if this is possible...

ONE PEDAL...I'm thinking of a large MIDI pedal running into a head that already has all the effects loops saved to each specific channel.....

ANY IDEAS ANYONE????????

Back