singing lead tones

van hellion

so has anyone got settings on their herbert that they really enjoy for liquid singing leads? im looking for something along the lines of the mark series boogie lead tone that guys like petrucci or early steve lukather have. heres mine to get us started keep in mind i love dark tones ala shawn lane im using these through a diezel rear loaded v 30 cab

ch 3
gain 12:30 -1:00
volume 12:00- 12:30
bass 12:00
mid 2:30- 3:00
treble 11:00 maybe even as low as 10:30 if the venue is really bright
mid cut on: intensity 8:30 level 12:00
presence 2:30
deep same as presence
master to taste, for me 9:00 is ripping!

i would like to see all the herbert owners who play ALOT of lead use

I'm not 100% happy with it yet but a pretty interesting lead sound is:

Channel 2, Minus mode, similar settings to yours but gain cranked and with a Tubescreamer type pedal boosting it to taste (Lovepedal Eternity for me).

I also get some cool results with a muff type fuzz into the clean channel.

:yes:

Channel 3

Gain 12:00-12:30
Volume 12:00
Treb 12:45
Mid 11:45
Bass 12:00
Pres 12:00
Deep 12:00
No Mid Cut

Rectifier V30 cabs & low output 'buckers

Channel 3, all pots noon, no mid cut of course, presence a bit up, A GOOD CAB, A GOOD GUITAR - and CRANK THE FUCKER. It sings and screams like crazy . . .

Btw: use pickups which are not super high output types (dump that EMG shit), but the common 8-10kOhm stuff. If it doesn't sing then, its your playing. Meh.

Yes, today I'm in a foul mood :p

no doubt, i HATE EMG's, medium output pickups are great

here lately i have been using the mid cut but setting the intensity VERY LOW, like 7:30 ish maybe 8:00, in my last 2 gigs which were fairly large venues this setting has shown a bell like quality. BTW im using andersons exclusively so that doesn't seem to hurt at all :)

Back