VH4 with DCG ground control help please! (Noobie here) :)

sean106ESP

hey guys, new to the board. I got a Diezel VH4 and absolutley love the damn thing. Sickest clean tone I ever heard and also the OD is just perfect for me.

Here is my issue

I use a DCG ground control to switch channels. Is there a way I can say choose a bank that holds....channel 3 with the gain up high......then save another bank to channel 3 with the gain low? I cant seem to figure that out. When I do save channel 3 in different banks, it will go to channel three but the gain or bass/treble/knobs all stay the same. I thought I would be able to say.....make one bank have channel three with the gain up, bass up, low mids, and then a bank with channel 3 with low gain more mids, lower bass etc. Right now I have pedals running in each loop for each channel and I can save banks so that the effects are on or off, but I thought I would be able to also save the amp settings as well.

Thanks in advance!

here is my rig!

http://seanmckenna.server101.com/myspacepix/IMG_0251.jpg

Attachments

• diezel.jpg
    diezel.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 728
hey there!
I also got a VH4, and I know what your talkin about.
Unfortunatley what your trying to achieve is not possible :aww: Yes you can save the effects to come in and out of the loop, but you cant save settings on the control panel of ya amp. You gotta set it where you want it for each channel. I know.......bummer!! :thumbsdown:

Why not try lowerin the gain a bit for each channel and gettin something like an sd1 or tubescreamer to give each channel a push over the edge when needed?

Crackin' amp though, good choice! :yes:

BTW, what speakers you runnin in ya mesa? I just put some vintage 30's in my old marshall cab and it sounds awesome! :thumbsup:
I'm also thinkin of swappin out a couple of tubes for some mullard 12at7's, just to smooth out the drive a bit. ;)

Hey thanks for the reply man. Yeah too bad it can do what we wan it to do in terms of settings.

The Boogie cab I have has V30's I think. Sounds amazing. Real great cleans and sounds hugs on OD. My friends who had one before told me the Mesa cabs sounded better than the Diezel brand cabs and were cheaper. :thumbsup:

:|::QBB:
sean106ESP":92400 said:
Hey thanks for the reply man. Yeah too bad it can do what we wan it to do in terms of settings.

The Boogie cab I have has V30's I think. Sounds amazing. Real great cleans and sounds hugs on OD. My friends who had one before told me the Mesa cabs sounded better than the Diezel brand cabs and were cheaper. :thumbsup:

Diezel cabs loaded with V30's sound more raw and aggressive (I'm talking about the front loaded ones) while Mesa cabs again with V30's sound a bit darker. It's a matter of personal preference I believe. Mesa makes good cabs though!
You may also want to try VHT cabs with P50E for a completely different perspective (more bottom and balanced high frequencies with a slight cut in the middle frequencies).

Back