Diezel D-Moll owner - Midi Questions - Thanks!!!

angelspade

I am about to start setting up midi for my Diezel D-Moll. I am a bit of a midi novice and wanted to check on something.

Question 1: I understand that the EQ and gain are not midi assignable on the D-Moll, but I am assuming that I can duplicate channels with the the mid-cut function on / off via midi...Example: on a 6 button midi footswitch, can I assign my first pedal choice to channel one to channel one of the D-Moll with no mid-cut, and then make footswitch selection 2 be channel one (again)of the D-Moll but with the mid-cut engaged? I would like to assign the midi footswitch to 6 total channels (1-2-3 with no mid-cut / and 4-5-6 with mid-cut engaged)

My next questions is a little more complex. I will be running the D-Moll with another amp daisy chained via midi. Below is the intended set-up:

My goal is to run one 3 channel main head (D-Moll - dry) for the "base" tones, and mix it with another 3 channel digital head as a lower volume, that includes on-board effects to "color" the base tones. Each head will run to it's own Mesa 2x12 cab. I am using no outside effects, pedals, gates or rack gear. Here are the moving parts that I have selected:

Main Head: Diezel D-Moll (dry) - Mesa Reco 2x12
Color Head: Blackstar ID60 (effects) - Mesa Recto 2x12

A buffered AB-Y for spiting / combining guitar signal out to 2 heads
Randall RF8 (http://www.randallamplifiers.com/product/rf8/) for controlling / assigning sound combinations for each head

My plan is to run the the Randall RF8 into the Diezel midi in, and then daisy chain out to the Blackstar midi in. I have been told that even if I have an ABY splitter that includes a phase inversion switch, when I change channels on the two heads together...I will likely have "out of phase" issues because of a potential mismatch in gain stages and I change channels on the two heads. It was recommended that the RJM Y-Not ABY switch will solve this problem because of the midi-assignable phase invert switch that can be programmed differently for each channel combination on the two amps. So...My real questions is: Because the Balckstar amp is solid state (no tubes / no actual gain stages that can be mismatched) will I still need the additional functions of the RJM Y-Not....Or will a more standard unit with just a "set and forget" phase corrector suffice for this application?

All thoughts and advice GREATLY appreciated.

1. Yes, the mid cut, individual channels, dual master volumes, mute, and FX loops are all individually programmed through midi. So, on button one of the floor unit, you could have ch1 on the Dmoll, no mid cut, and the FX loop on. Button 2, ch1, mid cut on, and no FX loop. Get everything selected how you want it for a certain patch and hit "store" twice on the Dmoll and it will be saved to that button on the floor unit.

2. You still need the Ynot, even though your phase may be static on one of the 2 amps, the other amp is not, so your phasing will move around.

RJF":20ukg8q5 said:
1. Yes, the mid cut, individual channels, dual master volumes, mute, and FX loops are all individually programmed through midi. So, on button one of the floor unit, you could have ch1 on the Dmoll, no mid cut, and the FX loop on. Button 2, ch1, mid cut on, and no FX loop. Get everything selected how you want it for a certain patch and hit "store" twice on the Dmoll and it will be saved to that button on the floor unit.

2. You still need the Ynot, even though your phase may be static on one of the 2 amps, the other amp is not, so your phasing will move around.

Perfect...I'm really looking forward to having this set up! I appreciate the clarifications....Thanks RJF!

Hi guys, just bought a dmoll and was wondering if the mid control and that can be switched independently and not just a whole patch. Thanks

Back