Which 2x12 Diezel Cabinet for my VH4??

clark81

Hello guys,

I am looking for a 2x12 cab to pair my VH4.
I already have many 4x12 including Mesa, Cornford, EVH, etc, and i was thinking of getting a 2x12 as a golden ration between sound and size in terms of transportation.

I was thinking of pairing the VH4 head to the matching 2x12 Diezel cab, but I would appreciate your help to choose between the Front Loaded and The Rear Loaded version of the cab.

Which are the differences and what should I expect?? Which one do you recommend?

Unfortunately there is no distributor to go and try both, so I am going to order it.

My second choice if not the Diezels would be a Mesa 2x12 Vertical, that i have heard and liked.

Thanks in advance

VH4 and Herbert. Had the rear loaded. Sold it. Didn't seem to be "punchy" enough for my taste on high gain. More of a "room filling" low end. Cleans killed it though. Incredibly 3D, especially on the Herbert. Never tried the FL. All IMHOP. :rock:

Thats what i was afraid for bout the rear loaded... Thank u kalt, I think i ll have to try the FL though

I have a VH4 and have two 2x12s; An old VHT (Fryette) Fat Bottom w/P50Es and an OS Bogner 2x12 with a Cannabis Rex and something else (I forget). It is super punchy with the Fryette FB, but a little more mellow with the OS Bog. The FB is front loaded and the Bog is rear loaded.

Honestly, I have never had an amp that did not sound stellar through the FB, regardless of style (clean, overdriven, heavy gain). The only negative (for some) is that it is very directional, not room-filling. Standing off to the side sounds vastly different than in front of it.

The Bog OS is a little more linear with where you are standing. It certainly sounds better and better as you raise the volume though where as the FB sounds great no matter what.

The FB is a great cabinet, and sounds great no matter what. Have you tried putting both of them at the same time???

:rock:

Ok , i am reviving an older thread, as I bought and tried both 2x12 Diezel cabs. The FL- K100 cab sounds great with the Herbert. The Herb has more SAG than the VH4 and the FL cab favors it.

The Diezel RL - V30 sounds great with both the Herbert and the VH4. The VH4 sounds MAGICAL throuhgh it.

If i had only a Herbert and I had to buy one Cab, I would go with the Diezel FL- K100.

If i had only a VH4 and I had to buy one Cab, I would go with the Diezel RL - V30.

If i had both and I had to buy one Cab, I would go with the Diezel RL - V30.

Happy playing to all Diezel players!!

PS: They sound GREAT together!!!

clark81":27ekck2b said:
Ok , i am reviving an older thread, as I bought and tried both 2x12 Diezel cabs. The FL- K100 cab sounds great with the Herbert. The Herb has more SAG than the VH4 and the FL cab favors it.

The Diezel RL - V30 sounds great with both the Herbert and the VH4. The VH4 sounds MAGICAL throuhgh it.

If i had only a Herbert and I had to buy one Cab, I would go with the Diezel FL- K100.

If i had only a VH4 and I had to buy one Cab, I would go with the Diezel RL - V30.

If i had both and I had to buy one Cab, I would go with the Diezel RL - V30.

Happy playing to all Diezel players!!

PS: They sound GREAT together!!!

Sweet, thanks for the first hand comparison

Back