Rig-Talk
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/

Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=187795
Page 1 of 1

Author:  tonesfoyobones [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 4:25pm ]
Post subject:  Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

OK so I have a Herbert due to arrive tomorrow and I have been searching for a Greman made cab to pair it. I was told that all Diezel cabs are built in California by Boutique Amps Distribution due to the cost of shipping cabs from Germany. Is this correct?

I was under the impression that ones with the red nut on the black input jack with sharpie #'s where the USA built cabs. (older ones at least ) and the ones with the silver metal jack plate where German made. Correct?

I see some around on some sites like GC and MF.
- The 280 watt cabs say nothing about being German made and do not show the input jack plate
- 240 watt cabs say German made and do show a pic of a metal jack plate

I was hoping to locate and purchase a German cab here in the states. Is my only option a California built cab? New one at least.

Thanks for clearing things up for me. Thought I had this topic layed to rest. :doh:

Author:  rickenbacker198 [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 5:15pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

I'm by no means an expert ,,

What I've gathered is, the first Diezel cabs were all German made. Don't know much about these ones.

Then for a while they were made in the USA, because of the shipping costs and increasing volume of sales. These are the ones with the red and black nuts on the input jacks.
They were all rear loaded.
Had one , they are good cabs.

Now they are all German made with the silver jack plate.
I think Diezel decided it was worth the trouble and expense to ship because the prefered woods are not available in North America.
A new one should be German made, either front or read loaded.

Author:  tonesfoyobones [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 7:57pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Hmm. See now that's not what I've been hearing today. I contact a dealer about purchasing a new one. He said they are being built in Cali by the same company that builds Friedman cabs. He contacted them today about a salt & pepper grill option.

Author:  RJF [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 9:14pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

The USA cabs were made in both rear load and front load. They have a red nut and no silver piping. All the salt and pepper rear load cabs will be USA cabs. The newer German cabs have silver piping, which is the dead give away when you are shopping for one, will have the silver jack plate, and will have German style hand writing. You can always tell as an American when a German wrote a serial number. Their 1's looks like 7's to us. It's a dead giveaway. I am not aware that any Diezel cabs are made in any country other than by Diezel in Germany at this point. I believe GC/MF/Sweetwat are all carrying the "new" style German cabs that have now been around and pretty much unchanged for the last 10 years.

Author:  Wizard of Ozz [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 9:35pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

RJF wrote:
The USA cabs were made in both rear load and front load. They have a red nut and no silver piping. All the salt and pepper rear load cabs will be USA cabs. The newer German cabs have silver piping, which is the dead give away when you are shopping for one, will have the silver jack plate, and will have German style hand writing. You can always tell as an American when a German wrote a serial number. Their 1's looks like 7's to us. It's a dead giveaway. I am not aware that any Diezel cabs are made in any country other than by Diezel in Germany at this point. I believe GC/MF/Sweetwat are all carrying the "new" style German cabs that have now been around and pretty much unchanged for the last 10 years.


This is all wrong.

All the Diezel cabs sold here in the US since around 2014 +/- have been built by Boutique Amps Distribution in LA, California and (same place where all the Friedman cabs are made). Diezel stopped shipping them over to the US due to transportation costs. Peter Stapfer has been to the BAD manufacturing facility and provided them with the specs to build them. Same wood used as the cabs sold in the EU. All current new Diezel cabs sold in the US are built in LA, CA at BAD... unless it is an older cab... more than say 2 years old. There were older US made cabs, back in the Uwe Salwender days, and these are the one you are referring to. I've had all of them... and I have a brand-new US made BAD FL 4X12 inbound. From what I hear, it will sound identical to a German made 4X12 (which I've also owned).

Author:  rickenbacker198 [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 10:04pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

No wonder there's confusion :confused:

Author:  crankyrayhanky [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 10:28pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Why would one choose FL or RL? What are the tone differences?

Author:  RJF [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 11:04pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
The USA cabs were made in both rear load and front load. They have a red nut and no silver piping. All the salt and pepper rear load cabs will be USA cabs. The newer German cabs have silver piping, which is the dead give away when you are shopping for one, will have the silver jack plate, and will have German style hand writing. You can always tell as an American when a German wrote a serial number. Their 1's looks like 7's to us. It's a dead giveaway. I am not aware that any Diezel cabs are made in any country other than by Diezel in Germany at this point. I believe GC/MF/Sweetwat are all carrying the "new" style German cabs that have now been around and pretty much unchanged for the last 10 years.


This is all wrong.

All the Diezel cabs sold here in the US since around 2014 +/- have been built by Boutique Amps Distribution in LA, California and (same place where all the Friedman cabs are made). Diezel stopped shipping them over to the US due to transportation costs. Peter Stapfer has been to the BAD manufacturing facility and provided them with the specs to build them. Same wood used as the cabs sold in the EU. All current new Diezel cabs sold in the US are built in LA, CA at BAD... unless it is an older cab... more than say 2 years old. There were older US made cabs, back in the Uwe Salwender days, and these are the one you are referring to. I've had all of them... and I have a brand-new US made BAD FL 4X12 inbound. From what I hear, it will sound identical to a German made 4X12 (which I've also owned).

No, it's not all wrong. I was unaware that Diezel decided to once again, let someone here in the US build their German products. Bummer. Good for me, my 3 real German made cabs just got more valuable. :lol: :LOL: Makes sense though, now that all the big chains are carrying them you can get a "Diezel" cab for like $1100. Back when I was buying mine they were like $1500 and part of that was because of the cost of shipping.

Other than that, everything else I said is correct.

Author:  Wizard of Ozz [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 11:09pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

RJF wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
The USA cabs were made in both rear load and front load. They have a red nut and no silver piping. All the salt and pepper rear load cabs will be USA cabs. The newer German cabs have silver piping, which is the dead give away when you are shopping for one, will have the silver jack plate, and will have German style hand writing. You can always tell as an American when a German wrote a serial number. Their 1's looks like 7's to us. It's a dead giveaway. I am not aware that any Diezel cabs are made in any country other than by Diezel in Germany at this point. I believe GC/MF/Sweetwat are all carrying the "new" style German cabs that have now been around and pretty much unchanged for the last 10 years.


This is all wrong.

All the Diezel cabs sold here in the US since around 2014 +/- have been built by Boutique Amps Distribution in LA, California and (same place where all the Friedman cabs are made). Diezel stopped shipping them over to the US due to transportation costs. Peter Stapfer has been to the BAD manufacturing facility and provided them with the specs to build them. Same wood used as the cabs sold in the EU. All current new Diezel cabs sold in the US are built in LA, CA at BAD... unless it is an older cab... more than say 2 years old. There were older US made cabs, back in the Uwe Salwender days, and these are the one you are referring to. I've had all of them... and I have a brand-new US made BAD FL 4X12 inbound. From what I hear, it will sound identical to a German made 4X12 (which I've also owned).

No, it's not all wrong. I was unaware that Diezel decided to once again, let someone here in the US build their German products. Bummer. Good for me, my 3 real German made cabs just got more valuable. :lol: :LOL: Makes sense though, now that all the big chains are carrying them you can get a "Diezel" cab for like $1100. Back when I was buying mine they were like $1500 and part of that was because of the cost of shipping.

Other than that, everything else I said is correct.


There are also German made cabs with a black jack plate/silver sticker on it... so... yeah. :poke:

Author:  Wizard of Ozz [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 11:12pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

crankyrayhanky wrote:
Why would one choose FL or RL? What are the tone differences?


Can of worms opened. :yes:

The FL is tighter and more focused sounding.

The RL is the classic 4X12 sound you know and love and have heard on hundred of recordings. It's warmer, more resonant, and disperses the sound... less directional sounding.

Author:  RJF [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 11:14pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

I'd like to see a jack plate on one of these BAD made cabs. With the serial number being written by an American, it should be easy to pick them out when hunting for a real sub 2014 German cab.

Author:  Wizard of Ozz [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 11:22pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

RJF wrote:
I'd like to see a jack plate on one of these BAD made cabs. With the serial number being written by an American, it should be easy to pick them out when hunting for a real sub 2014 German cab.


The serial numbers are now printed on the jack plate. Not hand written. I'll confirm in a few days. ;)

Author:  RJF [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 11:24pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
The USA cabs were made in both rear load and front load. They have a red nut and no silver piping. All the salt and pepper rear load cabs will be USA cabs. The newer German cabs have silver piping, which is the dead give away when you are shopping for one, will have the silver jack plate, and will have German style hand writing. You can always tell as an American when a German wrote a serial number. Their 1's looks like 7's to us. It's a dead giveaway. I am not aware that any Diezel cabs are made in any country other than by Diezel in Germany at this point. I believe GC/MF/Sweetwat are all carrying the "new" style German cabs that have now been around and pretty much unchanged for the last 10 years.


This is all wrong.

All the Diezel cabs sold here in the US since around 2014 +/- have been built by Boutique Amps Distribution in LA, California and (same place where all the Friedman cabs are made). Diezel stopped shipping them over to the US due to transportation costs. Peter Stapfer has been to the BAD manufacturing facility and provided them with the specs to build them. Same wood used as the cabs sold in the EU. All current new Diezel cabs sold in the US are built in LA, CA at BAD... unless it is an older cab... more than say 2 years old. There were older US made cabs, back in the Uwe Salwender days, and these are the one you are referring to. I've had all of them... and I have a brand-new US made BAD FL 4X12 inbound. From what I hear, it will sound identical to a German made 4X12 (which I've also owned).

No, it's not all wrong. I was unaware that Diezel decided to once again, let someone here in the US build their German products. Bummer. Good for me, my 3 real German made cabs just got more valuable. :lol: :LOL: Makes sense though, now that all the big chains are carrying them you can get a "Diezel" cab for like $1100. Back when I was buying mine they were like $1500 and part of that was because of the cost of shipping.

Other than that, everything else I said is correct.


There are also German made cabs with a black jack plate/silver sticker on it... so... yeah. :poke:

You are splitting hairs to try and make yourself look smart? 2007ish cabs have all black jacks with silver lettering. Later cabs are still black with a silver sticker. I own both currently.

Again, you are splitting hairs and making things far to complicated for someone wanting the correct cab.

What should be focused on is that a buyer needs to look for 2 things. Silver piping and German numbers and letters. If the cab doesn't have those two things, it's a USA made knock off.

If you are such an expert and knows all things Diezel cabs, why don't you fill us in on the pre USA made German cabs. No one seems to know anything about them, but apparently Diezel shipped their cabs to the US before shutting that down and having the US distributor farm it out locally and had all the, now known as, the US built red nut and Salt & Pepper cabs. I'm talking late 90's early 2000's era.

It's like that deal all over again. :doh:

Author:  RJF [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 11:29pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
I'd like to see a jack plate on one of these BAD made cabs. With the serial number being written by an American, it should be easy to pick them out when hunting for a real sub 2014 German cab.


The serial numbers are now printed on the jack plate. Not hand written. I'll confirm in a few days. ;)

Well then that makes it simple.

2 things.....

Silver piping and German hand written serials....

if you want a real Diezel cab.....

Author:  Wizard of Ozz [ Tue, Mar 21, 2017 11:38pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

RJF wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
The USA cabs were made in both rear load and front load. They have a red nut and no silver piping. All the salt and pepper rear load cabs will be USA cabs. The newer German cabs have silver piping, which is the dead give away when you are shopping for one, will have the silver jack plate, and will have German style hand writing. You can always tell as an American when a German wrote a serial number. Their 1's looks like 7's to us. It's a dead giveaway. I am not aware that any Diezel cabs are made in any country other than by Diezel in Germany at this point. I believe GC/MF/Sweetwat are all carrying the "new" style German cabs that have now been around and pretty much unchanged for the last 10 years.


This is all wrong.

All the Diezel cabs sold here in the US since around 2014 +/- have been built by Boutique Amps Distribution in LA, California and (same place where all the Friedman cabs are made). Diezel stopped shipping them over to the US due to transportation costs. Peter Stapfer has been to the BAD manufacturing facility and provided them with the specs to build them. Same wood used as the cabs sold in the EU. All current new Diezel cabs sold in the US are built in LA, CA at BAD... unless it is an older cab... more than say 2 years old. There were older US made cabs, back in the Uwe Salwender days, and these are the one you are referring to. I've had all of them... and I have a brand-new US made BAD FL 4X12 inbound. From what I hear, it will sound identical to a German made 4X12 (which I've also owned).

No, it's not all wrong. I was unaware that Diezel decided to once again, let someone here in the US build their German products. Bummer. Good for me, my 3 real German made cabs just got more valuable. :lol: :LOL: Makes sense though, now that all the big chains are carrying them you can get a "Diezel" cab for like $1100. Back when I was buying mine they were like $1500 and part of that was because of the cost of shipping.

Other than that, everything else I said is correct.


There are also German made cabs with a black jack plate/silver sticker on it... so... yeah. :poke:

You are splitting hairs to try and make yourself look smart? 2007ish cabs have all black jacks with silver lettering. Later cabs are still black with a silver sticker. I own both currently.

Again, you are splitting hairs and making things far to complicated for someone wanting the correct cab.

What should be focused on is that a buyer needs to look for 2 things. Silver piping and German numbers and letters. If the cab doesn't have those two things, it's a USA made knock off.

If you are such an expert and knows all things Diezel cabs, why don't you fill us in on the pre USA made German cabs. No one seems to know anything about them, but apparently Diezel shipped their cabs to the US before shutting that down and having the US distributor farm it out locally and had all the, now known as, the US built red nut and Salt & Pepper cabs. I'm talking late 90's early 2000's era.

It's like that deal all over again. :doh:


Dude. Chill. You were wrong. Get over it.

If you are talking about the 4X12 RL Cabs sold when Uwe was the distributor? Those were called the NYC cabs as the dimensions were different because Ultra-Sound in NYC speced them that way. Hence the NYC nickname and salt-n-pepper grill cloth. Built by Marvick Enclosures.

Here's a thread where Peter talks about it: viewtopic.php?t=6636

You can argue with him. :thumbsup:

Author:  Philip [ Wed, Mar 22, 2017 4:32am ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
The USA cabs were made in both rear load and front load. They have a red nut and no silver piping. All the salt and pepper rear load cabs will be USA cabs. The newer German cabs have silver piping, which is the dead give away when you are shopping for one, will have the silver jack plate, and will have German style hand writing. You can always tell as an American when a German wrote a serial number. Their 1's looks like 7's to us. It's a dead giveaway. I am not aware that any Diezel cabs are made in any country other than by Diezel in Germany at this point. I believe GC/MF/Sweetwat are all carrying the "new" style German cabs that have now been around and pretty much unchanged for the last 10 years.


This is all wrong.

All the Diezel cabs sold here in the US since around 2014 +/- have been built by Boutique Amps Distribution in LA, California and (same place where all the Friedman cabs are made). Diezel stopped shipping them over to the US due to transportation costs. Peter Stapfer has been to the BAD manufacturing facility and provided them with the specs to build them. Same wood used as the cabs sold in the EU. All current new Diezel cabs sold in the US are built in LA, CA at BAD... unless it is an older cab... more than say 2 years old. There were older US made cabs, back in the Uwe Salwender days, and these are the one you are referring to. I've had all of them... and I have a brand-new US made BAD FL 4X12 inbound. From what I hear, it will sound identical to a German made 4X12 (which I've also owned).

No, it's not all wrong. I was unaware that Diezel decided to once again, let someone here in the US build their German products. Bummer. Good for me, my 3 real German made cabs just got more valuable. :lol: :LOL: Makes sense though, now that all the big chains are carrying them you can get a "Diezel" cab for like $1100. Back when I was buying mine they were like $1500 and part of that was because of the cost of shipping.

Other than that, everything else I said is correct.


There are also German made cabs with a black jack plate/silver sticker on it... so... yeah. :poke:

You are splitting hairs to try and make yourself look smart? 2007ish cabs have all black jacks with silver lettering. Later cabs are still black with a silver sticker. I own both currently.

Again, you are splitting hairs and making things far to complicated for someone wanting the correct cab.

What should be focused on is that a buyer needs to look for 2 things. Silver piping and German numbers and letters. If the cab doesn't have those two things, it's a USA made knock off.

If you are such an expert and knows all things Diezel cabs, why don't you fill us in on the pre USA made German cabs. No one seems to know anything about them, but apparently Diezel shipped their cabs to the US before shutting that down and having the US distributor farm it out locally and had all the, now known as, the US built red nut and Salt & Pepper cabs. I'm talking late 90's early 2000's era.

It's like that deal all over again. :doh:


Dude. Chill. You were wrong. Get over it.

If you are talking about the 4X12 RL Cabs sold when Uwe was the distributor? Those were called the NYC cabs as the dimensions were different because Ultra-Sound in NYC speced them that way. Hence the NYC nickname and salt-n-pepper grill cloth. Built by Marvick Enclosures.

Here's a thread where Peter talks about it: viewtopic.php?t=6636

You can argue with him. :thumbsup:



Actually this is all true. The USA cabinets are now or going to be made in USA. I'm not sure who's making them but I spoke with Peter Stapfer 2 weeks ago and he told me himself that the new cabs will be built in the USA. You can see them on the 2016 NAMM show youtube videos. They all have white piping on the fronts. They are only prototypes at the moment. I'm not sure if they are ready for mass production yet but they are certainly coming.

Only thing is he wasn't happy with the glues they were using so hes going to correct this as well as he reckons it altered the sound slightly.

As for the different between the rear loaded and front loaded. Fronts are like punch in your face. You can walk around the whole cab and its sounds so balanced. The rears are the more traditional sounding, more loose and rounded sound.

I should know I have 2 Diezel cabs with another 4 on the way...


Thanks.

Author:  tonesfoyobones [ Wed, Mar 22, 2017 5:34am ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Yep that explains a lot. At least for me. I truly appreciate everyone's time and input. Thank you!

It would appear that the new batch is ready for shipping as of next week. I am curious to see the jack plates as well.

From everything mentioned it seems like finding a used/new "German made" cab is gonna be tough. Maybe I should just place an order but I should probably wait to hear a reputable review. Either way I've got a Herbie arriving today and it needs paired with the right cab. For me rear loaded is best. While I haven't played a front loaded Diezel I have owned a few front loaded Engl cabs and I never liked them no matter where I stood while playing. Just not my cup of tea.

Again thank you guys for solidifying some questionable areas for me regarding these cabs.

Author:  RJF [ Wed, Mar 22, 2017 11:11am ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
RJF wrote:
The USA cabs were made in both rear load and front load. They have a red nut and no silver piping. All the salt and pepper rear load cabs will be USA cabs. The newer German cabs have silver piping, which is the dead give away when you are shopping for one, will have the silver jack plate, and will have German style hand writing. You can always tell as an American when a German wrote a serial number. Their 1's looks like 7's to us. It's a dead giveaway. I am not aware that any Diezel cabs are made in any country other than by Diezel in Germany at this point. I believe GC/MF/Sweetwat are all carrying the "new" style German cabs that have now been around and pretty much unchanged for the last 10 years.


This is all wrong.

All the Diezel cabs sold here in the US since around 2014 +/- have been built by Boutique Amps Distribution in LA, California and (same place where all the Friedman cabs are made). Diezel stopped shipping them over to the US due to transportation costs. Peter Stapfer has been to the BAD manufacturing facility and provided them with the specs to build them. Same wood used as the cabs sold in the EU. All current new Diezel cabs sold in the US are built in LA, CA at BAD... unless it is an older cab... more than say 2 years old. There were older US made cabs, back in the Uwe Salwender days, and these are the one you are referring to. I've had all of them... and I have a brand-new US made BAD FL 4X12 inbound. From what I hear, it will sound identical to a German made 4X12 (which I've also owned).

No, it's not all wrong. I was unaware that Diezel decided to once again, let someone here in the US build their German products. Bummer. Good for me, my 3 real German made cabs just got more valuable. :lol: :LOL: Makes sense though, now that all the big chains are carrying them you can get a "Diezel" cab for like $1100. Back when I was buying mine they were like $1500 and part of that was because of the cost of shipping.

Other than that, everything else I said is correct.


There are also German made cabs with a black jack plate/silver sticker on it... so... yeah. :poke:

You are splitting hairs to try and make yourself look smart? 2007ish cabs have all black jacks with silver lettering. Later cabs are still black with a silver sticker. I own both currently.

Again, you are splitting hairs and making things far to complicated for someone wanting the correct cab.

What should be focused on is that a buyer needs to look for 2 things. Silver piping and German numbers and letters. If the cab doesn't have those two things, it's a USA made knock off.

If you are such an expert and knows all things Diezel cabs, why don't you fill us in on the pre USA made German cabs. No one seems to know anything about them, but apparently Diezel shipped their cabs to the US before shutting that down and having the US distributor farm it out locally and had all the, now known as, the US built red nut and Salt & Pepper cabs. I'm talking late 90's early 2000's era.

It's like that deal all over again. :doh:


Dude. Chill. You were wrong. Get over it.

If you are talking about the 4X12 RL Cabs sold when Uwe was the distributor? Those were called the NYC cabs as the dimensions were different because Ultra-Sound in NYC speced them that way. Hence the NYC nickname and salt-n-pepper grill cloth. Built by Marvick Enclosures.

Here's a thread where Peter talks about it: viewtopic.php?t=6636

You can argue with him. :thumbsup:

You are missing it completely. We already know about all the late 90's-2000's era USA built cabs as I stated. What there isn't info about is what was before that. Supposedly, originally, Diezel was shipping German built cabs over here before the USA era. Maybe it's just rumors, maybe not. I've never personally ran across one that I'm aware of and wonder if the USA cabs were actually the first Diezel cabs in the states.

Author:  RJF [ Wed, Mar 22, 2017 11:15am ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

tonesfoyobones wrote:
Yep that explains a lot. At least for me. I truly appreciate everyone's time and input. Thank you!

It would appear that the new batch is ready for shipping as of next week. I am curious to see the jack plates as well.

From everything mentioned it seems like finding a used/new "German made" cab is gonna be tough. Maybe I should just place an order but I should probably wait to hear a reputable review. Either way I've got a Herbie arriving today and it needs paired with the right cab. For me rear loaded is best. While I haven't played a front loaded Diezel I have owned a few front loaded Engl cabs and I never liked them no matter where I stood while playing. Just not my cup of tea.

Again thank you guys for solidifying some questionable areas for me regarding these cabs.
I would just take some time and watch the used market. GC used is a GREAT place to look for one. They will ship you a cab for really cheap, like $40 roughly. Reverb and Ebay are also good choices if the sellers will ship. I personally would wait to come across a German built 2007-2014 cab.

Author:  Mklane [ Wed, Mar 22, 2017 10:01pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

I bought a new Fl Diezel cab from GC about a year and a half ago. Jack plate says made in Germany with a handwritten serial number.

Author:  Vin Diezel [ Thu, Mar 23, 2017 1:44pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

...

Author:  tonesfoyobones [ Thu, Mar 23, 2017 2:21pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

While going through all the info a fellow member offered me a 2010/12 era German made 4x12 so I jumped on it. I've already bought one in the past that was claimed to be German made but infact was not so I was not gonna pass up the opportunity to get a real one. Will it make a difference.... don't know. I just preferred to have it paired with a German made amp.

Thank you guys for the input. As usually most things got cleared up on what seems to be a foggy issue.
Thanks RT!!

Author:  RJF [ Thu, Mar 23, 2017 8:42pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

good choice

Author:  Les Zombie [ Fri, Mar 24, 2017 3:56pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

I bought a rear loaded 4x12 last week, i got it from brand new in a diezel box unplayed from guitar center online and it arrived a week ago.
Overall its a nice cab and heavier and more solid than the old nyc diezel cab that i owned.
I notice it says assembled in the usa instead of made in germany, i also was kinda confused because i didnt know the newer cabs was made in the usa. The speakers are chinese v30.

Image

Image

Author:  Wizard of Ozz [ Fri, Mar 24, 2017 6:51pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Les Zombie wrote:
I bought a rear loaded 4x12 last week, i got it from brand new in a diezel box unplayed from guitar center online and it arrived a week ago.
Overall its a nice cab and heavier and more solid than the old nyc diezel cab that i owned.
I notice it says assembled in the usa instead of made in germany, i also was kinda confused because i didnt know the newer cabs was made in the usa. The speakers are chinese v30.

Image

Image


Cool. I just got a new front loaded 4X12 today. Same jack-plate as yours Tom. Made in USA from BAD. I'll post up some pics later. It does feel a bit heavier than my old USA frontload from the early 2000s.

Author:  Les Zombie [ Fri, Mar 24, 2017 7:28pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Later in the year im gonna buy another and it will be front loaded.
I dont know which speakers i would get in it. Im kinda iffy on k-100 speakers because i wasnt inlove with them in my old splawn cab but i seen alot of guys really like them, so i dont know if i should give them another shot.

Author:  Wizard of Ozz [ Fri, Mar 24, 2017 7:38pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Les Zombie wrote:
Later in the year im gonna buy another and it will be front loaded.
I dont know which speakers i would get in it. Im kinda iffy on k-100 speakers because i wasnt inlove with them in my old splawn cab but i seen alot of guys really like them, so i dont know if i should give them another shot.


Yeah... I'm kinda meh on K100s. I was going to get a 2nd 4x12 with them or 2 K100s and 2 V30s... but I'm still thinking about it. Never was a huge fan. These 4x12s do seem really well made though. And I love the fact that they are 16 ohm mono. I like as much brightness, high mids that I can get... much preferred to 8 ohm mono speaker set... which always sounds a bit darker to me.

Author:  tonesfoyobones [ Wed, Mar 29, 2017 2:58pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

Got my German made cab and right out of the box it looks a tad smaller to me. I looked up the dimensions and yep mine is smaller. My Herbert sticks out over the edges

Online: 29.3 X 29.3 X 14.37
Mine: 29 X 29 X 14 1/4 (and this is from metal cab corner to metal cab corner. Lol I'm trying to stretch it)

Mine is supposed to be 2010/2014 ?

Is this normal based upon some other German made cabs out there??

Author:  danburton [ Wed, May 03, 2017 10:00pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

All I know is I have one Diezel cab & it sounds great.

Author:  IntenseSH [ Thu, May 04, 2017 12:04pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Please educate me on Diezel cabs if you will

tonesfoyobones wrote:
Got my German made cab and right out of the box it looks a tad smaller to me. I looked up the dimensions and yep mine is smaller. My Herbert sticks out over the edges

Online: 29.3 X 29.3 X 14.37
Mine: 29 X 29 X 14 1/4 (and this is from metal cab corner to metal cab corner. Lol I'm trying to stretch it)

Mine is supposed to be 2010/2014 ?

Is this normal based upon some other German made cabs out there??



My German Diezel FL 412 is also a tiny bit narrower than
my Herbert, always wondered about that.

Attachments:
IMG_3923.JPG
IMG_3923.JPG [ 1.61 MiB | Viewed 2604 times ]

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/