Switch to full style
The only place on the web to discuss Diezel amps with other owners, Diezel reps and even the mastermind himself, Peter Diezel!
Post a reply

VH2 Diezel

Mon, Aug 28, 2017 4:37pm

hi there
anyone tried the VH2 amp ? its said that the Chanel 3 is identical to its big bro VH4 . true ??
Honestly, love the sound of the VH4 and Herbert, and planning to save some $ and get their little bros.
Ch3 VH2 = VH4 in Ch3 ?
Ch3 D-Moll= Herbert Ch3 ?
plz, someone help
thx

Re: VH2 Diezel

Mon, Aug 28, 2017 8:54pm

I've not played the VH2... but the D-Moll and Herbert sound pretty different. I much prefer the Herbert. The bigger power section is the deciding factor.

Tue, Aug 29, 2017 3:49am

VH2 = 2 channel

Tue, Aug 29, 2017 11:34am

Had a dmoll, sold it for a new Herbert mkII. Sounded quite different. I'm a metal guy and much preferred the Herbert for my style.
It doesn't need a ts, but sounds phenomenal with them, and awesome fx loop.
The sound is massive, because it's 180w power section, (like said above) it's part of the magic.

Im anxious to see if the vh2 sounds similar to the vh4 as well. Those two are supposed to be very similar.

Fri, Sep 01, 2017 1:05pm

Ch3 VH2 = VH4 in Ch3 ? Yes, with more gain on tap.
Ch3 D-Moll= Herbert Ch3 ? Probably not.

Sun, Sep 03, 2017 12:18pm

LunatiBSW wrote:Had a dmoll, sold it for a new Herbert mkII. Sounded quite different. I'm a metal guy and much preferred the Herbert for my style.
It doesn't need a ts, but sounds phenomenal with them, and awesome fx loop.
The sound is massive, because it's 180w power section, (like said above) it's part of the magic.

Im anxious to see if the vh2 sounds similar to the vh4 as well. Those two are supposed to be very similar.

I agree. :thumbsup:

For metal... the Herbert is the king.

Tue, Sep 12, 2017 10:50am

The VH2 channels are not most identical. Channel 2 is designed like the Paul / D-Moll / Hagen circuit.
Channel 2 is like a "modern" copy of the VH4 channel 3 with more gain on top.

Tue, Sep 12, 2017 12:26pm

Peter Diezel wrote:The VH2 channels are not most identical. Channel 2 is designed like the Paul / D-Moll / Hagen circuit.
Channel 2 is like a "modern" copy of the VH4 channel 3 with more gain on top.

I am very interested in this amp. Is it safe to assume you all will be at NAMM in January?

Wed, Sep 13, 2017 12:42am

I try to come over

Tue, Nov 14, 2017 2:23pm

Maybe Im just not looking at the right places, but doesn't seem to be much more info about the amp.

https://www.thomann.de/es/diezel_vh2_he ... 2_417415_0

It's available at Thomann at 1779€. That seems like a bargain if it sounds like the VH4.

I would love to hear some clips.

Tue, Nov 14, 2017 10:56pm

I would love to hear a clip of this, too. :)

Right now, I've got a Herbert and am looking at the VH4. I'd really like to hear what the differences would be (granted, as much as I could through a YT vid).

BTW, the demos with both Peters on their website are amazing! Among the best amp demos I've seen.

:rock:

Tue, Nov 21, 2017 8:03am

Sweetwater has them right now with 48 month financing.

Fri, Dec 22, 2017 3:02pm

I just bought a VH2. I already own a VH4, Paul, Friedman Brown Eye, Engl Powerball 2, early Marshall 800, and a Diamond Phantom.

Channel 1 on the VH2 sounds slightly woody just like channel 1 on the Paul.
Channel 2 on the VH2 sounds exactly like channel 3 on the VH4.
At least to me anyway.

Fri, Dec 22, 2017 5:18pm

Cool! Still wish there were more demos of the VH2. Personally, I'm leaning more towards the VH4 at the moment. I've heard some great things out of Ch 2 & 4 (and 1, of course). Knowing myself, I'm thinking that getting a VH2 will not stop me from wanting a VH4. For that matter, probably wouldn't stop me from wanting a Paul, too.

What do you think of the Paul? The Peters' demo sounds great, and different (in a good way) than their other amps. Hell... I just need one of each!

Wizard of Ozz wrote:For metal... the Herbert is the king.

König Herbert! All I really know is that every single time I play mine, I always come away thinking it is the most amazing amp.

Fri, Dec 22, 2017 6:45pm

To me, the Paul distortion is cross between a Marshall and an Orange. Really smooth distortion...

Wed, Jan 03, 2018 1:45am

Flintstonerocks wrote:I just bought a VH2. I already own a VH4, Paul, Friedman Brown Eye, Engl Powerball 2, early Marshall 800, and a Diamond Phantom.

Channel 1 on the VH2 sounds slightly woody just like channel 1 on the Paul.
Channel 2 on the VH2 sounds exactly like channel 3 on the VH4.
At least to me anyway.

How does channel 2 on VH2 compare to channel 3 on the ENGL?

I just ordered a VH2 and also own a ENGL powerball 2.

Also since i've never heard a VH4, how do the CH3's on both ENGL and VH4 compare?

I'd love to know! Thanks!

Wed, Jan 03, 2018 10:27am

The VH2 channel 2 (same as VH4 channel 3) is much smoother than the Powerball 2 channel 3. Powerball channel 3 is more granular. iMHO

Wed, Jan 03, 2018 12:23pm

Flintstonerocks wrote:The VH2 channel 2 (same as VH4 channel 3) is much smoother than the Powerball 2 channel 3. Powerball channel 3 is more granular. iMHO

Thanks!
Awesome! We are starting a new Band and the Rhythm guitarist was playing a Blue Voodoo while i was playing on my PB2. It didn't really work unless i played on his Crate BV sound wise since i do lots of little tidbits. Can't have that! LOL So i finally had an excuse to order a VH2 to pair with the ENGL.

Wed, Jan 03, 2018 2:53pm

Those Blue Voodoo's make good fish attractors!

Thu, Feb 01, 2018 11:12pm

Here's a really nice demo of the VH2. Smoking amp! Guitarist ain't bad either

Post a reply