Eventide rack vs 80s/90s rack effects.. what are you using?

mjsb1

Hi Guys,

using a VH4S and recently been doing an A-B between strymon and eventide pedals (Bigsky and Space) tried both loops but predominantly the parallel loop with both effects in killdry and have to say I much preferred the strymon - (a tad worrying given that I was considering investing in an eventide rack such as the Orville or H8000) Felt the eventide had a harder separation of dry signal and effects. Torn between still considering an eventide or looking towards older 80s/90s industry standard rack gear such the TC2290/1210, H3000 etc. But I am worried about signal loss and delay with using analogue units.

What is everyone using, what works - what doesn't ?

Look forward to your thoughts!

Michael

paulyc":3o0ig4md said:
Eventide or tc 2290 are not analog, they're digital, I have an H3500 and it's killer.

I was referring to the H3000/TC2290 as analog due to the hardwired signal path when compared with the digital routing capabilities of the H8000 and Orville.

I put all the vintage stuff in the bin after my 2290 finally shit itself, and bought an Eventide H9. There's enough routing options with the H9 and compensation for the digital vs. analog audio path. You get used to it and move on.

Back