VH2 Issue- SOLVED

Hello All... Long time lurker but this is my first post here. I had been really excited to purchase a Diezel and today a VH2 arrived. I plugged it in and let it warm up for a while. I plugged a Les Paul in and turned on Channel one and it sounded beautiful. Very quiet even when turned up. I then switched to channel two and immediately noticed an extremely loud clicking then followed by a lot of noise. I would normally look to a tube, except this is completely rhythmic on a beat. Like every 2 seconds is a click followed by the noise. Before returning it (which I hate to do) I thought I would run a sound clip by this group of experts to see if anyone knows what this is. I tried 3 different LPs, cables etc... same noise no matter what. It is something with the amp. It is very noticeable. I recorded a clip of the sound on my IPhone and attached it to this post...

Any advice would be great...

Thanks

Attachments

• Diezel.mp3
    474.4 KB · Views: 124
Peter I have a bunch of the Mullard 12AX7 reissues. So I just replaced all of the preamp tubes. I replaced 1-2-3 with CV4004s and 3 and 5 with the regular 12AX7.

Problem solved and the AMP sounds great! I was not expecting such beautiful cleans out of channel one. Channel 2 is exactly what I expected.

Thank you for the support...

Ed

Back