Need advice with speakers.

belensky

Hello,need advice regarding speaker choice for Diezel Herbert and 412 FL Diezel cab.
Currently my cab loaded with 16 ohm China made Celestion V30s. Which sounds ok, But still asking myself is there a better option?

Did my resercach and found that many guitarists like WGS veteran 30 or eminence governor much more than V30.

I Checked a lot of demos and I also like eminence or wgs speakers more than V30s. So Im seriously considering to put WGS veteran 30 or Eminence governor to my cab.

So maybe somebody here can share their experience, have anybody tryed thouse speakers with their diezel amp. or perhaps mr Diezel will have something to say. I see that diezel uses V30 pretty much everywhere (besides k100 and h65) so is there specific reason to go for v30(but not governor or veteran 30) with diezel amps?

I did write to peter stapfer, but unfortunately haven’t got any reply so far

While I haven't tried my Herbert with WGS or Eminence, I have tried it with Celestion V30s, T75s, Heritage H30-55s, M65 Creambacks, Heritage 12-65s, and K100s. The best sounding was easily the Diezel 412FL with K100s. My second favorite was the M65 Creambacks. From what I understand, Peter Diezel likes K100 front-loaded and V30 rear-loaded cabs the best. For my tastes, the 412FL with K100s is the perfect cab for Herbert.

Just FYI, if you don't hear back from Diezel right-away, it may be because NAMM is coming up in a little less than two weeks. If they're going (IDK), they're probably pretty busy right now.

Disclaimer... while I've tried other speakers, I always keep coming back to Celestions. Also, I'm not really a fan of V30s. When they match the amp, I love them. More often than not, I don't care for them. I do hear a lot of good things about WGS Veteran 30s and Eminence Governors, so they may work great for you. Speakers, as much if not more than everything else, is a very subjective topic. Of course, YMMV.

yeah. they definitely preparing for NAMM.

As far as I understand k100 is great speaker but more for heavy stuff, Maybe I’m wrong.. some people told that it’s great for x pattern pair with v30.

Veteran 30 is basically V30 copy but Mesa Boogie version(T4335 not China T3904), governor is just eminence take on V30,

I have IR of FL diezel cab with V30 and with governor recorded Herbert with them for comparasion.
Governor seem to be more wider range speaker with more bass more treble, and greater clarity, what I didn’t like about v30, is some kind blurriness in Mids.
Here is samples https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wdqki5naa8n0 ... CI1ua?dl=0

What kind of music do you play? What tones are you after? What do you feel is lacking tonally now?

For me personally... no better speaker match to the Herbert than the V30. Have been using them with my Herbert since 2004.
Not a K100 fan. I've tried to like them too.

Running 2 Celestion 150W Redbacks on bottom and 2 Celestion V30's on top in my 412FL. Sounds great with the VH4, Herbie and D-Moll.

Hi everybody, so finally I decided to put Eminence governors, in to my diezel FL 412 cab.
After two days of testing, I could say I like them more than v30. more responsive, to whatever I dial on amp, detailed and articulate . they I little bit less harsh than v30, so I tend to turn up presence a bit more than use to, and they deliver more base, so i dialled Deep a little back.

belensky":31ug2jkv said:
Hi everybody, so finally I decided to put Eminence governors, in to my diezel FL 412 cab.
After two days of testing, I could say I like them more than v30. more responsive, to whatever I dial on amp, detailed and articulate . they I little bit less harsh than v30, so I tend to turn up presence a bit more than use to, and they deliver more base, so i dialled Deep a little back.
As long as you're happy. I'd have opted for the G12K100s but am too late to this party.

Hope they work out for ya!! :thumbsup:
Unkle Mo

Back