Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Dec 11, 2018 12:00pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue, Jan 30, 2018 8:31pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Fri, Jan 05, 2018 10:31am
Posts: 156
Are you human?: 951
Hey guys,

I have a question on how to run a dual amp set up with a VH4 and Herbert. I have a Diezel 212 FL cabinet, and I just ordered a 412. I also bought a Lehle little dual ABY switcher. From what I understand, I can either switch between the two amps, or play both at once.

I was wondering how I would connect my amps to my cabs for this set up. I've done some research and asked some buddies of mine, and I believe that if I connect both amps to the same cabinet (412 for example), I can only have two speakers working at once?

Further, would there be a way to connect the set up to where I can have them: VH4 OR Herbert play into the 412, and then when I run them both at the same time have them play into separate cabs?

If anyone could provide their input it would be very appreciated. Thank you!

_________________
Diezel for days :rock: :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Jan 30, 2018 11:14pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Mon, Jul 17, 2017 6:56pm
Posts: 304
Are you human?: 951
Well with your current setup each amp will have to be connected to their own dedicated speaker cab.

The lehle just switches your guitar input signal to the amps.

If you want to switch amps and cabs you need something like an Ampete switcher which routes signals to various combinations of amps and cabs.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Jan 31, 2018 6:13am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Fri, Jan 05, 2018 10:31am
Posts: 156
Are you human?: 951
Whowantsamustache wrote:
Well with your current setup each amp will have to be connected to their own dedicated speaker cab.

The lehle just switches your guitar input signal to the amps.

If you want to switch amps and cabs you need something like an Ampete switcher which routes signals to various combinations of amps and cabs.



Ah I see, thamks a lot for the help. The ampete switchers are pretty pricy, so looks like i'm going to have to stick to cable swapping for now.

_________________
Diezel for days :rock: :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Jan 31, 2018 9:58am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Fri, Jan 05, 2018 10:31am
Posts: 156
Are you human?: 951
Whowantsamustache wrote:
Well with your current setup each amp will have to be connected to their own dedicated speaker cab.

The lehle just switches your guitar input signal to the amps.

If you want to switch amps and cabs you need something like an Ampete switcher which routes signals to various combinations of amps and cabs.


Just to follow up, would there be a way to connect my amps to both cabinets (disregard the amp switcher, just in general)? For example, to have them playing in the 412 and 212 at the same time?

Further, I be able to use the Lehle to switch BETWEEN the 2 amps, but into the same cab? So, not at the same time through the same cab, but to basically switch between which amp is playing into the cab?

_________________
Diezel for days :rock: :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Jan 31, 2018 7:31pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Mon, Jul 17, 2017 6:56pm
Posts: 304
Are you human?: 951
Looks like the diezel 4x12 cabs have stereo inputs.

Never tried it before so I can’t say for sure but I think you can plug each amp to the two stereo inputs.

I found this article on Reverb. https://reverb.com/news/the-ins-and-outs-of-playing-in-stereo

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Jan 31, 2018 8:38pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Jan 21, 2009 4:43pm
Posts: 2125
Location: In a room surrounded by Wizards & Mesas
Are you human?: 951
Omega1397 wrote:
Hey guys,

I have a question on how to run a dual amp set up with a VH4 and Herbert. I have a Diezel 212 FL cabinet, and I just ordered a 412. I also bought a Lehle little dual ABY switcher. From what I understand, I can either switch between the two amps, or play both at once.

I was wondering how I would connect my amps to my cabs for this set up. I've done some research and asked some buddies of mine, and I believe that if I connect both amps to the same cabinet (412 for example), I can only have two speakers working at once?

Further, would there be a way to connect the set up to where I can have them: VH4 OR Herbert play into the 412, and then when I run them both at the same time have them play into separate cabs?

If anyone could provide their input it would be very appreciated. Thank you!


Hey...

I did a little more research and it does look you can run 2 amp (VH4 & Herbert) simultaneously in to 1 single Diezel 4X12 thru the 2 stereo 8 Ohms input jack on the cab... use 1 8 Ohm out jack on the back of each amp. Then you can use the Lehle to switch between each or run both together.

I'd email Peter D. just to be sure... but this looks like the way to go.

:thumbsup:

_________________
Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), and many more.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 04, 2018 12:15pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Fri, Jan 05, 2018 10:31am
Posts: 156
Are you human?: 951
Hey guys, so I just got my Lehle dual little and wanted to clarify how to use it:

I'm going to first start on figuring out how to use it on my 212 Diezel cab since i'm still waiting on my 412. First off, I was wondering how to connect both my VH4 and Herbert into my 212, and have it switch between the two amps into the cab- switch between which amp is "using" the cabinet. I don't feel that it would be good to run them in stereo (1 speaker per cab) because the tone would probably sound like straight ass.

In that regard, how should I wire up my amps and cabs?

_________________
Diezel for days :rock: :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 04, 2018 12:42pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Jan 21, 2009 4:43pm
Posts: 2125
Location: In a room surrounded by Wizards & Mesas
Are you human?: 951
Omega1397 wrote:
Hey guys, so I just got my Lehle dual little and wanted to clarify how to use it:

I'm going to first start on figuring out how to use it on my 212 Diezel cab since i'm still waiting on my 412. First off, I was wondering how to connect both my VH4 and Herbert into my 212, and have it switch between the two amps into the cab- switch between which amp is "using" the cabinet. I don't feel that it would be good to run them in stereo (1 speaker per cab) because the tone would probably sound like straight ass.

In that regard, how should I wire up my amps and cabs?


You can not do that. Bad bad bad. You will blow an OT on your amps. Each amp needs to be connected to a load or cab. The 2X12 is not a large enough load to support both the VH4 & Herbert at the same time.

In order to do that you would need an amp switcher like the Ampete or similar device.

Right now, you need another cab or a single stereo in 4X12 in order to use the Lehle A/B pedal.

_________________
Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), and many more.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 04, 2018 12:45pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Fri, Jan 05, 2018 10:31am
Posts: 156
Are you human?: 951
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
Omega1397 wrote:
Hey guys, so I just got my Lehle dual little and wanted to clarify how to use it:

I'm going to first start on figuring out how to use it on my 212 Diezel cab since i'm still waiting on my 412. First off, I was wondering how to connect both my VH4 and Herbert into my 212, and have it switch between the two amps into the cab- switch between which amp is "using" the cabinet. I don't feel that it would be good to run them in stereo (1 speaker per cab) because the tone would probably sound like straight ass.

In that regard, how should I wire up my amps and cabs?


You can not do that. Bad bad bad. You will blow an OT on your amps. Each amp needs to be connected to a load or cab. The 2X12 is not a large enough load to support both the VH4 & Herbert at the same time.

In order to do that you would need an amp switcher like the Ampete or similar device.

Right now, you need another cab or a single stereo in 4X12 in order to use the Lehle A/B pedal.


Oh sweet, thank you! As you might recall from my post about using the wrong impedance speakers, this is why i'm asking here before I try anything stupid. Thanks again.

_________________
Diezel for days :rock: :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 14, 2018 10:30am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Fri, Jan 05, 2018 10:31am
Posts: 156
Are you human?: 951
Hey guys, I made a post asking this question but I think it was deleted? I guess it'll be a good idea to ask here:

I was wondering how to set up my Biamp setup into my 212 stacked on top of my 412 as "3 speakers vertical Left and right". I know this is a rather peculiar setup, but i'm all about tinkering around with my gear.

I just wanted to confirm the speaker routing to my amps. Let's say i'm doing my VH4 Left, Herbert right.

I'm assuming it would be: VH4 8 ohm output into "16 Ohm stereo A" on my 212, and then a VH4 8 ohm (or 4 ohm?) into the "8 ohm Stereo A" on my 412. Same setup goes for the Herbert but into "stereo B" instead.

If anyone could provide input it would be appreciated!

_________________
Diezel for days :rock: :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Feb 15, 2018 12:32pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Tue, Dec 04, 2012 12:34pm
Posts: 330
Are you human?: 951
RTFM! You cannot do that. The outputs are wired in parallel and cannot be mixed.

These are the options and they exclude each other!
a) The 4 Ohm outputs take ONE 4 Ohm cab or TWO 8 Ohm cabs.
b) The 8 Ohm outputs take ONE 8 Ohm cab or TWO 16 Ohm cabs.
c) The 16 Ohm output takes ONE 16 Ohm cab.

I you want to know why: http://bfy.tw/GckC


You cannot use 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm outputs at the same time!

_________________
Diezel VH4 KT77
Peavey 6505
VHT Deliverance 120
VHT Deliverance 412
Diezel 212 FL V30
ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT II
USACG Strat Kinmans


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Feb 15, 2018 12:35pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Tue, Dec 04, 2012 12:34pm
Posts: 330
Are you human?: 951
Only outputs with the same value can be used at the same time.
2 8 Ohm cabs OR 2 16 Ohm cabs. Not a mix!
Image

_________________
Diezel VH4 KT77
Peavey 6505
VHT Deliverance 120
VHT Deliverance 412
Diezel 212 FL V30
ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT II
USACG Strat Kinmans


Last edited by Vin Diezel on Thu, Feb 15, 2018 12:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Feb 15, 2018 12:37pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Fri, Jan 05, 2018 10:31am
Posts: 156
Are you human?: 951
Vin Diezel wrote:
RTFM! You cannot do that. The outputs are wired in parallel and cannot be mixed.

These are the options and they exclude each other!
a) The 4 Ohm outputs take ONE 4 Ohm cab or TWO 8 Ohm cabs.
b) The 8 Ohm outputs take ONE 8 Ohm cab or TWO 16 Ohm cabs.
c) The 16 Ohm output takes ONE 16 Ohm cab.

I you want to know why: http://bfy.tw/GckC


You cannot use 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm outputs at the same time!


Oh wow, well thanks for that! It’s a good thing I asked before doing it. I actually tried putting the 212 vertically to the side of the 412- works well

_________________
Diezel for days :rock: :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Feb 15, 2018 4:19pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Fri, Jan 05, 2018 10:31am
Posts: 156
Are you human?: 951
Vin Diezel wrote:
RTFM! You cannot do that. The outputs are wired in parallel and cannot be mixed.

These are the options and they exclude each other!
a) The 4 Ohm outputs take ONE 4 Ohm cab or TWO 8 Ohm cabs.
b) The 8 Ohm outputs take ONE 8 Ohm cab or TWO 16 Ohm cabs.
c) The 16 Ohm output takes ONE 16 Ohm cab.

I you want to know why: http://bfy.tw/GckC


You cannot use 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm outputs at the same time!


Just to follow up: I can plug both amps into stereo A and B on a single 4x12 can, correct?

_________________
Diezel for days :rock: :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Feb 16, 2018 2:52am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Tue, Dec 04, 2012 12:34pm
Posts: 330
Are you human?: 951
I would not do it, but technically you can.

_________________
Diezel VH4 KT77
Peavey 6505
VHT Deliverance 120
VHT Deliverance 412
Diezel 212 FL V30
ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT II
USACG Strat Kinmans


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Feb 16, 2018 12:45pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Fri, Jan 05, 2018 10:31am
Posts: 156
Are you human?: 951
Vin Diezel wrote:
I would not do it, but technically you can.


Cool man, thank you! I actually like having the 212 to the left of the 412 (I know it's more ideal to use two of the same cab, but it's what i'm working with) a little elevated so it's at a similar height to the 412 speakers. I've tried both vertical and horizontal. The vertical has some harsh treble, but great projection. Horizontal has the same nice low end.

_________________
Diezel for days :rock: :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use