Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Oct 16, 2018 2:46pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 03, 2018 6:47pm 
Hack

Hi! I just got the Universal Audio Ox attenuator and was hoping to use it with my beloved Herbert. Ox can however not be used with amps more powerful than 150w rms. I had hoped that i could use it as long as i kept the master volume low. UA support is however very clearly stating that i should not use it with my Herbert at all. So heres my question: Is there any way to reduce Herberts power-rating? I seem to remember that old 100w Marshalls could be reduced to 50w by taking out 2 power tubes. Will something similar work with Herbert?

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05, 2018 3:14am 
Diezel Amplification

Are you human?: 951
Why using an attenuator or pull tubes when there is a master volume ?

Sorry,
Peter

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05, 2018 1:01pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Are you human?: 951
I agree.

Also the UA OX lacks any speakers models of V30 speakers... which are the best sounding and most ideal speaker for Diezel amps.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), and many more.

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05, 2018 3:21pm 
Hack

Well i agree on that point. I just wanted to be able to try it through the direct recording interface (cab and mic sims) of the Ox. I have tried it on my other amps since i posted the question and it´s really no big deal. It`s good but i don`t think i`ll be using it all that much. I`m an idiot when it comes to the tech-side but i have a problem understanding why The Ox would be damaged if i keep down the master volume. I`ve been playing it on a 2x12 Bogner cab (Vintage 30:s) that i think is 120w for over a decade. But that`s a question for another forum. Case closed:-)