Big Max - what's the verdict?

narad

So these have been out for quite a while now, but not hearing much about them. Anyone A/B with some other Diezels? I'm not sure if I understand where it's supposed to fit in the line-up: is it a subset of Herbert tones?

I don't know... haven't seen or played one and there's only a few videos. From those, it sounds to me more like a subset of Paul tones, kind of like a single channel Paul. Sounds like it can get pretty brutal, too, much more than I'd expected.

I keep hoping that they'll come out with an official video for both Big Max and VH2, like the ones they have for VH4, Herbert, Hagen, and Paul. I know they're really busy, though.

I've had mine for some time now. It's a warm sounding amp. I like it. One channel to do it all.

Although I'm selling mine. Different needs atm. If your interested let me know. It's located in Denmark but can ship worldwide with DHL - still have the original shipping box.

peterc52":x01f92e0 said:
I've had mine for some time now. It's a warm sounding amp. I like it. One channel to do it all.

Although I'm selling mine. Different needs atm. If your interested let me know. It's located in Denmark but can ship worldwide with DHL - still have the original shipping box.

How does the gain channel take pedals to push it into metal territory? Is this amp a good candidate for a 4CM setup with a good fx processor?

It sounded like the bigmax was right there (withen reason) with your herbert. Or am i hearing things?

bhuard75":kuet6767 said:
peterc52":kuet6767 said:

How does the gain channel take pedals to push it into metal territory? Is this amp a good candidate for a 4CM setup with a good fx processor?

It sounded like the bigmax was right there (withen reason) with your herbert. Or am i hearing things?

To be honest, I haven't needed a boost in front of it. I would say it does get into metal territory. And I would suspect it would make a great candidate for 4CM. I like the Big Max as much as the herbert. I'm also a big fan of simplicity

Im hoping to score a big max for xmas this year. I want a simple small amp. I love my Herbert but loved the clips i heard regarding its clean and gain sounds.

Back