Two Diezels In A Week!

dan46n2

So I have officially lost all control and ordered two Diezels within days of each other. But I have a problem. Two Diezels and a problem? :confused:

I placed an order for a new VH4 with 412 cab straight through Diezel. I've missed my previous VH4 for years and wish I never sold it. Then I found a Herbert MKII at guitar center online kind of by accident and it was a good deal. So I call the store and the guy says he knows who's amp it is, the guy is super anal about his gear and its near mint. Just got it in tonight and theres a dent the width of my finger right on the front of the amp in the wood/tolex :cry:

The amp sounds great, but honestly I've never heard a Diezel that didn't. Would you guys return it? I haven't even had it a day and already feel attached to it :aww:

Nope... no way... not a chance... Someone's going to have to pry my Herbert from my cold dead fingers... Planning to add a VH4 this summer, and I'm sure I'll feel the same way about it as I do my Herbert.

Seriously, though, both amps are different enough to warrant keeping both, both are the best at what they do, and both are among the best amps ever made. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine.

I don't see a problem here... :D :no: :LOL: :LOL:

:rock: :rock: :rock:

If you you received it not as advertised well than I'd say haggle the price down or return on principle. If you received the item as advertised then tolex tears and dings in headshell wood does not affect tone last I checked. Just sayin. If you got a good price and ya like the tone......

So I ended up taking it back, but am ordering a new Herbert as I type this. Some good news is that I got shipping confirmation from Diezel on the VH4 and cab :rock: The more I thought about it getting a new Herbert isn't that much more than what I paid for the used one when I took new tubes into consideration. The dent right on the front of the amp would have bothered me every time I looked at it. New tubes from Tube Amp Doctor are $385 before shipping, I think thats the company Peter recommended in a thread I saw. I can put them in and bias so no extra cost for install. Like another poster mentioned I could have ordered a new shell (didn't know that but good to know), that plus tubes would have been about the same as just getting a new amp with hand picked tubes.

Back