Loop of the Paul

boornhaard

Hello,

i bought a Diezel Paul lately, what a fine amplifier this is. its a joy, especially for lead guitar. The overdrive sound like a million dollar recorded tone, wow, i`m impressed.
Now i have a question for the Loop. The amp has a serial and a parallel Loop. And theres is a switch for engeging/disengaging the loop.
The parallel Loop works great with my TC electronic Flashback delay if its set to KillDry. This loop is also switchable in the Paul.
Now my question is, how can i use other effects in the serial loop like Chorus in addition to the Delaypedal in the Parallell Loop? Is the Switch on the Paul responsible for both loops? Does it switch both simoultanously? Are both loops in series or paralell? Is it possible to put all effects in loops of a Midi switching system like the Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switcher and then switch these GCX Loops on/off without tone loss? Lets say i switch the Loop On with the Paul but i only want the delay in the paralell loop. So in the GCX i only switch the loop On for the delay. the other loops for the effects in the serial loop of the Paul are switched off. Its like connecting a cable between Serial Send and Serial Return. Does this connection have effect on sound quality? Also the other way is important. Having effects On in the Serial Loop but the Delay Loop in the GCX is Off for the parallel Loop of the Paul. Does this work? Thansk

If its like dmoll its both at once. And the loops are in series to each other.

I use both loops on my einstein but that one isnt switchable. I did the same with my dmoll which was.

Best workaroud is adding a small midi tb looper, DB11 Loop expander is on clearance for $99 amd what i use. This can be used to engage either loop or both when the fx loop is midi switch in simultaneously.

moltenmetalburn":jkbg5nsc said:
If its like dmoll its both at once. And the loops are in series to each other.

I use both loops on my einstein but that one isnt switchable. I did the same with my dmoll which was.

Best workaroud is adding a small midi tb looper, DB11 Loop expander is on clearance for $99 amd what i use. This can be used to engage either loop or both when the fx loop is midi switch in simultaneously.

Good info, i already own the GCX Switcher, thats a similar unit as the DB11, you switch loops in and out of the signal path.

Back