Diezel Herbert and the G-System 3rd Generation in 2018

Plattfuss

Hello, i am new in the Diezel Family and own now a Herbert mk2.

Now i'm looking for a good control system and my thought going to the G-System in the 3rd Generation.
But i read more bad things than good ones about g-system for diezel. But mostly old Posts...
On the Spec-Paper the G-System looks beautiful for me.
Does anyone use a G-System in the 3rd Generation and can tell something about loosing Sound Qualitiy?

What i have now is a Morley wah in the front und a mxr Delay in the loop using Sommer XXL Cable.
The G-System has a lot of Effects and Options i want to try. But of course i don't want to lose Sound Quality.

Best Regards
Plattfuss

Plattfuss":3jzy2oac said:
Hello, i am new in the Diezel Family and own now a Herbert mk2.

Now i'm looking for a good control system and my thought going to the G-System in the 3rd Generation.
But i read more bad things than good ones about g-system for diezel. But mostly old Posts...
On the Spec-Paper the G-System looks beautiful for me.
Does anyone use a G-System in the 3rd Generation and can tell something about loosing Sound Qualitiy?

What i have now is a Morley wah in the front und a mxr Delay in the loop using Sommer XXL Cable.
The G-System has a lot of Effects and Options i want to try. But of course i don't want to lose Sound Quality.

Best Regards
Plattfuss
Welcome to the Diezel family!

The Diezel Herbert is an amazing amp and extremely versatile. To answer your question I can tell that Andy Wood himself are using the G-System (Don't know what generation though) and his tone is awesome.
Check out his Diezel promotion video and make your own opinion about his tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfAHCWciNTs

If you use the serial loop, and make sure that you set the G-System to 100% wet, you shouldn't lose any tone because the dry signal stays in the amp. The loop volume control is used to mix the effects back into the amp. The Herbert's loops are really flexible that way, too.

And yes... welcome to the family!! The Herbert is an amazing amp!!

Years ago i borrowed me one G-System of the 1. Generation for a Record. But i had not enough Time to really use it and the only Delay i tried didn't impress me much, but possible i have done something wrong. A device with Midi Control, Loops and Effect "All in One" of course would be beautiful.

I also thought about that new thing here to switch and loop => https://www.thomann.de/gb/hotone_cybery_looper.htm <= with BlueTooth^^ xD... but really not sure.

I think i will recognize a Sound difference by using the G-System (also because the more calbe)... but it could be a ultra audiophile thinking...

@ the Moment it looks like the best for me...

ps: And thanks for the welcome :)

I received my G-System 3rd Generation now.
I will build me some A/B Switcher to test if the Signal Loss / Coloration against my Analog Pedal Board is so big, that i will give it back. By all the thoughts about Switching and Controlling with the G-System i didn't have on mind that the Signal is send through a AD/DA four times (o_O) ... I will see if this matters. If not i would love to keep it.

It's the first time i try Midi Configurations.
I managed it to Control the Herbert by G-System Presets via Midi but i would love set the Boost Button of the G-System as the Master Volume 2 Switch on the Herbert. But this will not work with Midi i guess? :/ ... I have to copy the Preset?

Best regards

Ive had all versions of the g-system and currently have two for different rigs. Ive used it with many Diezels. IMO they are outstanding effects processors. I haven't noticed any tone suck if set up properly. Look for the Laird white paper to set it up.

Been using my G for a loooong time, love it. Used it in the loop for a while and it was great, but now i discovered WDW and it is just amazing!!!! Will never go back to loop effects, the difference is too good and damn does it sound BIG and fat.

Hi, Im using Fractal Audio FX-8 with my Herbert. Wah, Whammy, Chorus, Phaser Flanger effects in front, and Reverb, Delay in parallel FX loop. It has automatic true bypass, so I digitise my signal only when I use effects in front of the amp(3% of the time), and time-based effects in parallel loop, so signal remains untouched, and I have spillovers of delay or reverbs when I switch from Chanel to channel.

I like it a lot, but need to say that herbert(unlike Mesa) is pretty sensitive to ground loops. So I made humbuster cables, to make ground loops less audible, works fine, but planning to get something like Morley Ebtech to totally isolate any ground loop

Must say that after having huge Pedaltrain(that weight itself about 30 kg or 66 pounds), with shit a lot of expensive pedals (Strymon, Eventide, Suhr, Zvex) I REAALY pround not to have any pedal(excluding expression pedal) with my herbert and Nail every tone I ever want with My FX8. Never had sound as good as it now, all though my playing still sucks.

Back