How can I make my VH4 sound more like my D-Moll??

Orvillain

Just pondering it really. There is a very clear tonal and dynamic difference between these two amps. The VH4 has tons of clarity and snap, particularly on palm-mutes, but it doesn't have a HUGE low-end. The lows are there, they're just very controlled. The D-Moll has a massive low end. It's a little fuzzier, I guess because there is less filtering of the lows in the preamp section. To me, this is what makes the VH4 a 'rock' amp, and the D-Moll a 'metal' amp.

But I love the fact the VH4 has 4 distinct channels, each with separate EQ. So just wondering what I could do - maybe hit the front of the VH4 with a huge low-end boost, to simulate the extra lows being present???

Both amazing amps. I'm really spoilt!!

this does not make sense at all. The reason for owning 2 different amps is to cover different sounds. Why would you want to make it sound similar to a different amp!? :confused:

It wont, I had einstein dmoll hagen and fokker out to compare against each other and though all share a Diezel tonality they are all different in their own ways and none can exactly match another. Dmoll and Hagen are suppsed to have the same/similar preamps and transformers and are still a world apart.

Closest to vh4 is vh2/Einstein/fokker in that order.

Maybe an eq to boost some lows in the loop, wont be the same but adding some 120hz can approximate the deep of the dmoll.

Keep your VH4... and buy a Herbert. Problem solved. Although your DMoll may get less play time.

Huge low end => Herbert

K-Roll":27hhgdbp said:
this does not make sense at all. The reason for owning 2 different amps is to cover different sounds. Why would you want to make it sound similar to a different amp!? :confused:

Two amps. Two locations. One amp in each location.

Back