Diezel Herbert - Helix HX Effects Midi

ojka

Hi there guys,

I need your help. I'm a happy owner of a Diezel Herbert and I'm thinking about getting the Helix HX Effects for my pedalboard rig. It seems to be able to switch between the amp channels, but I'm a totally midi noob and I'd appreciate if someone could confirm it. Is it possible to program the Helix HX to push a stomp and configure it to get the channel 1 + effects, for example? Mi idea would be to replace mi midimate with the Helix, saving a footswitch and getting also some simultaneous effects within the channels in some cases.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

:rock:

FWIW
A few years ago I snagged an FX8
The midi with Diezel only worked 50% of the time
Then, Fractal did an update & it is now 100%

So yes, get someone to confirm Helix compatibility

Yes, it is possible. I use the HXFX as a footswitch for my EVH 5153 EL34 50 watt in this very same scenario.

You'll just need to find out what MIDI commands the Diezel is looking for to change channels, loop, etc. and manually configure them on the HXFX.
From there, I would assume the typical MIDI learn on the Diezel will be a breeze.

^ unless you had that exact Helix<Diezel combo, don't be so sure
My fractal worked fine with EVH but not with DMoll until Fractal eventually updated

MIDI *SHOULD* be MIDI, assuming it is working bug free. There have been no reports of the MIDI on the HXFX having any issues.

Having the ability to select MIDI channel, PC, CC, etc. on the HXFX *SHOULD* negate any issue.

OP, you'll just have to figure out what type of MIDI message (MIDI channel, CC, PC, etc.) each function (channel, loop, mid cut, etc) wants to see and go from there.

To be safe, you can email Diezel's CS email...they have always been extremely helpful and timely in my past experiences.

crankyrayhanky":1wvxeqce said:
Fractals issue was the transfer speed- they had to slow it down I think(?)
So in that case midi did not equal midi

Very interesting! I’ve seen posts that people have had no issues with the Helix and Diezel, so I just assumed the HXFX would be good to go, too.

I guess that’s what I get for assuming. :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks a lot for your input, guys. I'll spend some time testing and studing the connection to make it work then.

Cheers!

Back