Incoming VH4

barryswanson

So my new VH4 and first Diezel will arrive in a couple of days and I was wondering if there was anything I should do. Like should I check the bias or burn the power tubes in or anything like that?

Turn it on, plug in your favorite guitar, forget about all effects you may have in the beginning and enjoy.....

:thumbsup:

And clear your calendar for the rest of the day/week/month... :) Then, start saving up for your second one... ;)

Congrats, mate!! You're gonna love it!!

So I got it and I all can say is wow! What I read was true. Like most of my amps I have bought them blind, having never seen, heard or touched them in the flesh and only going off people opinions on the internet. Mainly due to living in a somewhat isolated part of Australia. I'm very happy with it! If the amp was a person it would have balls the size of bull. That big meaty thick tone really blows my hair back. At first I gravitated more to channel 4 until I worked out how to dial in channel 3. Being used to Mesa's I was hesitant to dial the bass up past noon. But on this you can and it sounds tough as fuck! The clean channel is gorgeous also very musical. I compared them to my dual rec and mark v and now they seem like there balls haven't dropped yet. Well thats enough about big thick meaty ball sacks. Peter Diezel your a Wizard and thank you to Angelique? I think thats what it says. I think you better cook dinner tonight Peter your wife has done a very nice job building my amp. Thanks again. :rock:

Awesome!! If it's anything like my Herbert, you'll be finding new sounds in there for months!! Enjoy!! Diezel makes some of the greatest amps ever built, IMHO. :rock:

barryswanson":1nhhvws5 said:
So I got it and I all can say is wow! What I read was true. Like most of my amps I have bought them blind, having never seen, heard or touched them in the flesh and only going off people opinions on the internet. Mainly due to living in a somewhat isolated part of Australia. I'm very happy with it! If the amp was a person it would have balls the size of bull. That big meaty thick tone really blows my hair back. At first I gravitated more to channel 4 until I worked out how to dial in channel 3. Being used to Mesa's I was hesitant to dial the bass up past noon. But on this you can and it sounds tough as fuck! The clean channel is gorgeous also very musical. I compared them to my dual rec and mark v and now they seem like there balls haven't dropped yet. Well thats enough about big thick meaty ball sacks. Peter Diezel your a Wizard and thank you to Angelique? I think thats what it says. I think you better cook dinner tonight Peter your wife has done a very nice job building my amp. Thanks again. :rock:

Thanks for the kind words :) The amp was built by Angelika not my wife. But also Angelika is doing
a great job since decades.

Best regards,
Peter

Welkome to the Family!!!!

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: Congratz on one of the best amps in the world... You won't be disappointed!! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

Unkle Mo

Thanks Uncle Mo! I have been playing around with an aby pedal. So it the signal chain is from my ESP MX250 then split into my Mesa Mark V and VH4 with those both having there own Mesa over size slant 4x12 cabs. Yeah Mumma. I understand why Mr Hetfield likes blending those tones. I hit a E minor power chord and all the females within a five kilometre radius fell pregnant!

barryswanson":70uqpnos said:
Thanks Uncle Mo! I have been playing around with an aby pedal. So it the signal chain is from my ESP MX250 then split into my Mesa Mark V and VH4 with those both having there own Mesa over size slant 4x12 cabs. Yeah Mumma. I understand why Mr Hetfield likes blending those tones. I hit a E minor power chord and all the females within a five kilometre radius fell pregnant!
LOL :LOL: :LOL:
congrats for the amp, I own mine since 2009 and it's still the best sounding amp on the earth.

barryswanson":1nrvqscd said:
:LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

Whatcha using as a splitter??

This topic fits my situtation perfectly, so I'll use it instead of creating a new. I have had a "Diezel fever" for some time. I have tested the Herbert and VH4-2 pedals, but didn't like their feel, although the sound was almost good enough. Also the Silver Face VH4 and Herberd models on my AX-8 have been intensively twekaked and used. Now, the Diezel-ache became so gigantic that I had to give-up; just placed an order of brand new VH4 with KT77 power tubes to Thomann, where they seem to have the head in stock. This will be my second Diezel, since I had the D-Moll couple of years ago and it somehow left the "Diezel-bug bite alive" :LOL: :LOL:

VH4 will complement my gear, where I already have Revv G120 MK II head and custom made Bluetone Bugaboo head. I went through these topic discussions and somehow I have the feeling, that VH4 will not be my only Diezel to purchase; Herbert MK III is on the wishlist and of course the forthcoming lower wattage Diezel is extremely interresting :rock:

TTV":2vzf79pb said:
This topic fits my situtation perfectly, so I'll use it instead of creating a new. I have had a "Diezel fever" for some time. I have tested the Herbert and VH4-2 pedals, but didn't like their feel, although the sound was almost good enough. Also the Silver Face VH4 and Herberd models on my AX-8 have been intensively twekaked and used. Now, the Diezel-ache became so gigantic that I had to give-up; just placed an order of brand new VH4 with KT77 power tubes to Thomann, where they seem to have the head in stock. This will be my second Diezel, since I had the D-Moll couple of years ago and it somehow left the "Diezel-bug bite alive" :LOL: :LOL:

VH4 will complement my gear, where I already have Revv G120 MK II head and custom made Bluetone Bugaboo head. I went through these topic discussions and somehow I have the feeling, that VH4 will not be my only Diezel to purchase; Herbert MK III is on the wishlist and of course the forthcoming lower wattage Diezel is extremely interresting :rock:
Welkome to the Family!!

While the pedals are fantastic that Papa & Crew make, really fantastic, they just can't capture the "full package" that of having an amp in its entirety - period. Any pedal will be worked by the outgoing amp and its circuit, so, while they're fantastic, they're just not the complete "Diezel Experience". To jump in with the VH4 - couldn't have asked for a better start, as it'll likely be the finish too. D-Moll is a highly underrated amp IMHO, and currently sits alongside my Hagen as my two most used and favoured Diezels. But the VH4...?? It's the trophy amp of Diezel. Now that the Mk.III is out for the Herbert, I may one day give it another shot, but I never gelled with the Mk.I - however - that's not to say it's anything less than extraordinary... The beauty of having several amps with the same DNA but slightly tweaked playability and tones is what makes amps so special and personal. Love 'em all.

Let us know what ya think when it drops!
Peace
Unkle Mo :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

PS: I intentionally left talk of AX8 out of the discussion as, well, there's no need to even bring that kinda of language into this forum :LOL: :LOL:

Ventura":248s4nm7 said:
Welkome to the Family!!

While the pedals are fantastic that Papa & Crew make, really fantastic, they just can't capture the "full package" that of having an amp in its entirety - period. Any pedal will be worked by the outgoing amp and its circuit, so, while they're fantastic, they're just not the complete "Diezel Experience". To jump in with the VH4 - couldn't have asked for a better start, as it'll likely be the finish too. D-Moll is a highly underrated amp IMHO, and currently sits alongside my Hagen as my two most used and favoured Diezels. But the VH4...?? It's the trophy amp of Diezel. Now that the Mk.III is out for the Herbert, I may one day give it another shot, but I never gelled with the Mk.I - however - that's not to say it's anything less than extraordinary... The beauty of having several amps with the same DNA but slightly tweaked playability and tones is what makes amps so special and personal. Love 'em all.

Let us know what ya think when it drops!
Peace
Unkle Mo :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

PS: I intentionally left talk of AX8 out of the discussion as, well, there's no need to even bring that kinda of language into this forum :LOL: :LOL:

Thank's man :)

Yes, having several amps and flexible gear is my "tonal heaven" as well. As I'm playing 100% at home, Two Notes Torpedo Live is a must for headphones (along those Frctl "parfume-boxes", let's not use the word here :LOL: :LOL: ). Because of the neighbours, I want to keep the volume at low/moderate level without sacrificing the tone. This challenge really separates The Amps from other amps. Luckily I have very transparent and dynamic reactive loadbox in use, so the baddest monsters can be cranked without problems. From my D-Moll I know the superion Master section quality in Diezel amps, so I don't have worries with VH4 either.

I was also considering the Hagen, but VH4 won this time. Is the Hagen somehow derived from VH4 or is it clearly a design of its own and just having some visual similarity to VH4?

TTV":2lfsddo9 said:
.....is a must for headphones (along those Frctl "parfume-boxes", let's not use the word here :LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: :hys:

TTV":2lfsddo9 said:
I was also considering the Hagen, but VH4 won this time. Is the Hagen somehow derived from VH4 or is it clearly a design of its own and just having some visual similarity to VH4?
It's got its own thing going on. I think it's my fave, honestly. It can do the VH4, it can do AMAZING cleans, but where its magic lies is in the sense of feel. You can let the amp feel loose and slippery (I coined the term "greasy") because it just has "flow"; but as soon as you want, with a slight modification of the right hand, it can be surgically tight and sharp and incredibly percussive. It's got more roar than the VH4, more open, less compressed perhaps(?), but it still has the signature VH4 Ch.3 "3D rubbery fill the room bounce" to it. I love the Hagen. And Ch.4 on it while a screamer of a solo channel, is actually a TOTALLY usable rhythm channel that offers a slightly different gain structure and mids shelf. In fact, I use it more as another "heavy" channel than I do a lead channel. Amazing amp.

Today the VH4 beast finally arrived :rock:

https://muusikoiden.net/dyn/users/161512.jpg

The sound is exactly the one I wanted and the built quality is flawless as expected. Head works nicely with my 1x12" cabinet and Two Notes Torpedo LIVE. Only remark is the mains transformer stand-by hum, which is clearly louder than in Revv or Bluetone. Luckily the noice immunity seems to be really good also at high gain values, so the sound is pure joy at lower volumes as well :)

TTV":2l7tnzjx said:
Today the VH4 beast finally arrived :rock:

https://muusikoiden.net/dyn/users/161512.jpg

The sound is exactly the one I wanted and the built quality is flawless as expected. Head works nicely with my 1x12" cabinet and Two Notes Torpedo LIVE. Only remark is the mains transformer stand-by hum, which is clearly louder than in Revv or Bluetone. Luckily the noice immunity seems to be really good also at high gain values, so the sound is pure joy at lower volumes as well :)
:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!!! :2thumbsup:

Such a beautiful amp the VH4.... Stunning.

Mo

Back