Amp Problem: Volume dropped Einstein Combo -solved-

Tayhan Sevinc

My Einstein-Combo was working perfectly fine last night.
This morning I´ve turned it on and wasn´t getting a sound out of it. I have plugged the Guitar directly into the amp, bypassing all the pedals. My looper in the FX Loop works just fine (since it´s basically bypassing the Preamp Section I suppose).
I need to crank the master volume way up to get any sound out of the amp. But then it just sounds thin. The channel volume knobs don´t react at all.
Could it be faulty Preamp tubes?

Thanks in advance!

Tayhan Sevinc":29ldh8o3 said:
My Einstein-Combo was working perfectly fine last night.
This morning I´ve turned it on and wasn´t getting a sound out of it. I have plugged the Guitar directly into the amp, bypassing all the pedals. My looper in the FX Loop works just fine (since it´s basically bypassing the Preamp Section I suppose).
I need to crank the master volume way up to get any sound out of the amp. But then it just sounds thin. The channel volume knobs don´t react at all.
Could it be faulty Preamp tubes?

Thanks in advance!

I would start by checking the V1 preamp tube.

I´ve bought 3 12AX7AC5 HG+ tubes and started out by replacing V1. The Volume barely increased and the problem persisted. I ended up replacing both V2 and V3 as well and the amp is back to normal! :rock: So it must have been either V2 or V3.
Thank you all for your helpful replies!

Back