Crappy Guitar Center service

splatter

I was told by several people that I should share my guitar Center experience with you. I’m not sure you would care but I figured why not.
I bought a Diezel VH2 from my local Guitar Center .They had to order it for me and have it sent to my house because they didn’t have one in stock . So it was sent from their warehouse . I received it and after a couple of days it had to be returned due to an issue with what appeared to be a cold solder joint.
So they took it back no problem and ordered me another one . I received the “new” one yesterday . It was a used VH2 in a diesel hagen box with old shipping labels on it from the box being shipped prior to shipping it to me .It was wrapped in bubble wrap with no footswitch,no manual and no power cord and a spot in the tolex that appears to have been repaired using a vinyl repair kit. When I contacted them they said send it back and they would send me another one .which is what I would expect . However what I found odd about the conversation is that they said they have a limited number of these heads . Is that the reason for sending me a used one ? Also there is no doubt that whoever shipped this knew it was used . I knew it before I ever opened the box.
I'm going back with the head today and unless they want to sell me the used one at a deep discount I plan to just get my money back. I really don't want to wait another week to see what they may send next.

So I returned the amp and got a full refund including what they allowed me in my trade. The manager at GC said they source these from wherever they can and it probably came from another store. So that says to me that some piece of $hit store manager saw the chance to try and sell a used head as new.
I wasn’t about to order another one and wait a week hoping for the best only to possibly have to drive 30 minutes to return it again. It’s a waste of time and gas. What makes it worse is I bought a quartet of tubes to go in it while I had the 1st head and they came while I was waiting on the second head as well as a $55 Tuki cover.
So I’m down $140 in accessories for an amp I don’t have.And not even a free set of strings for my trouble.
Can’t afford to buy a new one from somewhere else .i was only able to get this one because of the additional %15 off they offered on a trade.
FUC$ Guitar center I'll never darken their door again

oh I learned something new today that you may or may not already know.
If you buy something new from the "online store". It's not coming from a warehouse like it does when you buy from musicians friend. It's coming from whatever store has it in stock.So you may be paying premium prices for a floor model

Back