Fane F70's

steve_k

If you are looking for a good speaker choice for the VH4, try the new Fane F70's. Just loaded my 412RL Diezel cab with them and they are fucking awesome. Less harsh than V30's with more of everything else.

Steve

That’s awesome, May have to try the F70’s out.
How are they for lower volume playing?
You think they’d work in a FL cab?
Where did you get them?

rickenbacker198":1pnhglqz said:
Where did you get them?

Avatar sells them on their store. Fine for lower volume. Should work in a FL. Don't see why they wouldn't. For sure, they would project.

rickenbacker198":7h40skge said:
Where did you get them?

Fryette puts them stock in their front-loaded cabs. I have 2 of them and they sound great.

I'd like to put some in my Orange 412, too lazy to mess with installing them, lots of gear has shown up at the house as of late, wife might blow her top. May try some after the new year.

Just received a pair to go into my Diezel FL 2x12 a couple days ago and haven’t had a chance to install them yet. Glad to hear good things.

I'm going to post in here because I was thinking about new speakers, remembered steve K talking about how much he liked fane and here it is. Steve certainly went through enough gear so his endorsement is valued- these are percolating in my gas mind.

Does the Fane make the amp sound more dry or wet compared to say a V30 in the same cab? One thing I've noticed is that the trademark VHT sound is really something that's being produced by their cabs.

The fatbottom with Fanes that I had a chance to hear when we played with Helmet sounded a lot more dry and almost as if you had less distortion than my orange cab with V30s.

So i wonder whether that was the speaker type or just the cab dimensions. One thing I've come to realize when messing with my kemper at home was - if you start messing with the high frequencies around 7khz, you can make the amp sound more or less distorted. So in theory cabs that have a lot less going in that high frequency range may sound less distorted than others and you cannot compensate for it with the amp gain settings really.

To put it in perspective:
SF says that the Helmet dude turned the gain down when first using the Fanes because the p50e are even much dryer and he needed less gain to get his sound with the Fanes.
I think Fryette amps and dry speakers are too much dryness.
I suppose the Fanes sound still dryer than V30s.

If you are looking for a good speaker choice for the VH4, try the new Fane F70's. Just loaded my 412RL Diezel cab with them and they are fucking awesome. Less harsh than V30's with more of everything else.

Steve
Are you still liking these speakers? I am looking for a V30 alternative without the spike and ear fatigue on the plain strings.
Thanks

Last edited:
Back