Diesel cab or Mesa cab? Am I having a bizarre day!?

cameron711

So I plugged a Herbert, vh4 and be100 in my diesel fl 412 with v30s and then next plugged them into my Mesa oversized recto cab with the same speakers..am I losing it or what? I felt the Mesa cab was a little more dynamic in range while the diezel still sounded great but didn’t seem to capture me like the mesa. I know it’s sacrilegious to say the Mesa cab sounded better to me, but has anyone else found a cab that they Vibed better with than the diezel cab for their diezel amps!?

I can’t say I vibed better with other cabs , just different.
Can say the same about most other great cabs.
I like Diezel amps just as well through a Mesa Traditional cab that I’ve had forever.
The Diezel FL cab is more in your face , it also has an immediate response.
The tightness is such that the bass doesn’t flub or build up in the cab at all.
It’s delivered the same time as the other frequencies. No give.

The Mesa is just a bit looser, it can develop a flub or buildup of bass and deliver it all at once. Like a bass baby :LOL: :LOL:
I’d imagine the Recto cab even more.
It’s most noticeable with palm mutes.
Maybe that’s what your missing ??

Enjoy it maybe next week you’ feel different.

Not surprising. Just about any amp sound good through my OS mesa cab. Never experienced any flub that could not be dialed out.

My Diezel cab is RL, and my Mesa OS is as well, so I can't speak to the FL cabs.

I can honestly say, I have yet to find a modern high gain amp that doesn't sound great through the Mesa OS. It was the first nice cab I bought when I got into gear about 7 years ago, and I still love it. That being said, I always use a boost, gravitate towards tight amps and bright guitars/pickups, so I usually don't have a problem with things flubbing out.

I will say the Diezel RL V30 cab sounds absolutely massive. Still need a k100 FL!

Bad.Seed":1crnjv3s said:
I have yet to find a modern high gain amp that doesn't sound great through the Mesa OS.

It actually sounds fantastic with vintage amps as well

Glad to hear I’m not losing it! I def agree there’s more focus on the diesel but i have to be right in front of it to fully appreciate while the Mesa disperses better...two great cabs for sure!

Back