My Next Diezel: Einstein or D-Moll?

Bad.Seed

Hey folks, I've been pretty much enamored with my Herbert MKI since I bought it in February this year. I own about 13 tube amps, and most of them have not gotten much use since I picked up ol' Herbie, including my Friedman JJ100

I'd like to pick up another Diezel to check out without breaking the bank, as I already have too much tied up in gear. The 2 that I'm seeing that catch my interest are an Einstein and a D-moll. I know the Einstein is sort of the predecessor to the D-Moll, and has less features.

I play in 2 different bands, one is a thrash metal band, the other is a drop-c hatebreed style hardcore band. My tone is dial and go, and in both bands I usually strive for tight, percussive chugs with clear mids and highs, as my other guitarist typically uses a 5150 or mesa single rectifier, and he goes for the fuller, more saturated tone.

Pros and cons of either amp, considering what I'll be using it for?

If you’re wanting a tight, surgical tight low end for thrash with respect to the DMoll you’ll need some type of OD or eq up front. Ive had great results with a VFE standout or 10band EQ neutering the problem low Hz that i dont like.

bhuard75":o1gpqmm9 said:
If you’re wanting a tight, surgical tight low end for thrash with respect to the DMoll you’ll need some type of OD or eq up front. Ive had great results with a VFE standout or 10band EQ neutering the problem low Hz that i dont like.

Hey there, appreciate the input. I boost all of my amps out front, regardless of how naturally tight they are. It's just a part of my sound. I use the MXR M77 so I have more control over the lows and low mid frequencies, to ensure the amp doesn't become too thin sounding if it's already tight and dry.

Back