Diezel 2x12 Impedance

jc986

Hi - I have a US made Diezel 4x12 front loaded cab from the Salwendar days. It is wired for 8ohm mono, 16ohm stereo. I am looking to add a 2x12 and have seen conflicting information as to how the current offerings are setup.

The Sweetwater & Musician's Friend websites list the impedance on the Diezel front loaded 2x12 as 8ohm mono and 16ohm stereo.

However, the Diezel website lists it as opposite of that, 16ohm mono, 8 ohm stereo. I'm inclined to go with what is listed on Diezel's website, but Sweetwater's site does show pics of the back panel which supports the 8ohm mono/16ohm stereo.

I'm hopeful that it is 8ohm mono, but wanted to see if any of you could confirm before I order.

Thanks!

Too be fair, my Orange cab is the 2x12 open back and the Diezel is closed back but for metal type playing its just tighter and more immediate. Its much larger as well. I should add that I have the front loaded Diezel cab as opposed to the rear loaded. That changes things as well as you already know with your 4x12. I prefer the Orange for playing more of the classic rock and cleaner stuff (I think) haha. Cant go wrong with the Diezel cabs, I would love to try a 4x12 someday.

Some additional info for anyone interested or that stumbles upon this thread in the future - the cabs made in Germany for the Europe market are using 8ohm speakers, and the cabs made by BAD in the US for the North American market are using 16ohm speakers. This explains the difference in specs on the Diezel site.

Back