Diezel 4x12 - Buy Brand New or Used?

Veritas0Aequitas

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a Diezel 4x12 Rear Loaded w/ Vintage 30s (412 RV V30s). My question is pretty simple and I'm just looking for opinions and input:

Should I buy a brand new Diezel cab for $1030 shipped (I'm getting a pretty good discount on one) or try to wait for a used one to pop up for a better price? Do you think I can substantially better than $1030 for a used on? I'm looking for one of the newer models with the black grille. I've been looking for a few months now and haven't seen one for a decent price or at all. Do they ever pop up or should I just bite the bullet on the new one?

I'll be using it with my VH4.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

I wouldn’t say they come up super frequently, but keep an eye on Guitar Center used. I’ve seen them go on there for $600-800. I’d probably go with a new one considering the discount.

jc986":1yspnq15 said:
I wouldn’t say they come up super frequently, but keep an eye on Guitar Center used. I’ve seen them go on there for $600-800. I’d probably go with a new one considering the discount.

I ended up going with the new one. I would have rather bought a used one in that price range but after tax and shipping I'd be coming close to the price of a new one anyway.

I'm thinking about getting a diezel 4x12 to go with my V2. Is it worth it ? I'm using a marshall 1960 now.

splatter":18edft0c said:
I'm thinking about getting a diezel 4x12 to go with my V2. Is it worth it ? I'm using a marshall 1960 now.

I've had a marshall a couple months ago - a 1960bv, we tried my friend's VH4 with it - it was boxy and scratchy sounding with weird bass. it sounded like the cab did not like it at all.
We tried an orange PPC412 right after, it was a LOT better, then we tried a Diezel RL 4x12 it was AMAZING.

I'd say those diezel amps really match those cabs pretty damn well. A lot of ppl use theirs with mesa cabs quite often, but I'd probably go diezel.

splatter":2kl0eetd said:

I will echo what the poster above me said...

I tried a Marshall and Mesa 4x12 cab. Both did not do the VH4 justice. The 4x12 V30 RL with the VH4 is one of the best sounding combinations you will ever hear. It thumps, it cuts, and it sounds huge/spreads while still being focused and punchy.

Don't hesitate to get it.

Back