The Diezel VHX (New 2019 Amp Prototype!!!)

TTV":1husfzvm said:
VHX manual is now online:

https://www.diezelamplification.com/man ... M_1_55.pdf

It seems that there is plenty of "menu surfing and storing" instead of amplike user experience. The sound might be there, but the "axedized" user interface is not for me. Columbus FS or equivalent is mandatory for this amp.

There are 3 most used screen, Preamp, FX and Record, and you could access them with one rotating knob, that's all!
Every parameter has it's own knob, I can't see how it could be more amp-like than that!
Also almost all of features require only one action (Rotating or Pushing), the one required more are in the presets or effects arrangement (like if you need to move effects from one place to another.)

That is to say that "axedized" is not really a good term choice here, as it has a massive UI learning curve in comparison.

It may still not be for you, but I just wanted to point this out as there was really a lot of development on making it so simple yet so capable, I'm sure you would appreciate it if you get to try one someday.

Leo Diezel":34a0ovad said:
There are 3 most used screen, Preamp, FX and Record, and you could access them with one rotating knob, that's all!
Every parameter has it's own knob, I can't see how it could be more amp-like than that!
Also almost all of features require only one action (Rotating or Pushing), the one required more are in the presets or effects arrangement (like if you need to move effects from one place to another.)

That is to say that "axedized" is not really a good term choice here, as it has a massive UI learning curve in comparison.

It may still not be for you, but I just wanted to point this out as there was really a lot of development on making it so simple yet so capable, I'm sure you would appreciate it if you get to try one someday.

Every knob position and setting still needs to be saved for certain channel or preset to keep them memorized? The same in VH4/Herbert just requires gentle turning of a knob and that's all. Scrolling and pushing may be easy and fun for the first introductive 15 minutes, but later it's not.

I had the VHX already on my Thomann wishlist, but not yet in the shopping cart, UI is the thing that bothers me. I only consider the amp part, since I don't use any effects. Having had all the modellers in a row, I ended up using real amps (avatar picture) and Torpedo LIVE, just to have the simplicity in amp tweaking.

Maybe I'll overcome my fears and buy VHX...

TTV":1v9la8vn said:
Leo Diezel":1v9la8vn said:

Every knob position and setting still needs to be saved for certain channel or preset to keep them memorized? The same in VH4/Herbert just requires gentle turning of a knob and that's all. Scrolling and pushing may be easy and fun for the first introductive 15 minutes, but later it's not.

I had the VHX already on my Thomann wishlist, but not yet in the shopping cart, UI is the thing that bothers me. I only consider the amp part, since I don't use any effects. Having had all the modellers in a row, I ended up using real amps (avatar picture) and Torpedo LIVE, just to have the simplicity in amp tweaking.

Maybe I'll overcome my fears and buy VHX...

Yes it's the same as the VH4, you gently rotate any parameter knob and that's all!
If you look at manual, "PREAMP" section. That's the first screen you get when you power it on, then you just sets your preset parameter (Gain/EQ etc.) by rotating the respective knob.

Yes, you would need to push "save" to store your parameter in order for them to be recalled when you change you preset (but that would be the same as VH4 and Herbert for some function), but if it would make it feel more amp-like we could easily integrate an "Autosave" setting so you don't have to remember to push store.

Thank you for the tip :)

I see that a few folks have them and a US dealer has them on preorder, but when might we see them in stock in the US? I know the current situation influences that, but I wasn't sure if there were some already en route.

The US price through Axe Palace is significantly higher compared to Thomann. Thomann is not permitted to ship this to the USA which is unfortunate, because that price is amazing. I know shipping overseas is a higher cost, but there is a huge discrepancy here. Trying to figure out how to get one of these bad boys this year!

THis is a pretty incredible amp setup!

A question....can you run the built in FX in front of the preamp like you would run a pedal in front of the amp? Certain FX sound better there then in the loop. I gather you can place each FX where you want on the chain?

PBGas":1jsfchj2 said:
A question....can you run the built in FX in front of the preamp like you would run a pedal in front of the amp? Certain FX sound better there then in the loop. I gather you can place each FX where you want on the chain?

as Leo wrote in another post:

- is it possible to move an effect in front of the amp? (e.g. the Pitch?)
Unfortunately that is not possible due to the fully analog nature of the amp, we choose to mantain it fully analog to not affect the important Guitar/Tube interaction.

I only player around with Chorus, Delay and Reverb so far (Chorus and Delay is very nice, Reverb I would need to play around more) and due to the situation currently only using built in IR.

however the Amp sounds really great, the UI is very intuitiv and easy to handle, looking forward to have it connected to my V30s..

That doesn't sound terrible though, I'm gonna guess that most of us haven't sold all of our effects just yet.

Just to confirm my numbers are correct, we're talking $3000 GBP (Thomann), or $5000 USD (Axe Palace)? Are taxes and shipping the reason for the large discrepancy or are the other factors? Genuine question, I'd like to try one some day.

However I shudder to think what it'll cost me down under, a VH4 costs $8500 AUD :(

Amberience":27w9yfdi said:
How does the preamp work?

Almost identical to the VH4/Herbert/Hagen Preamp (Tubes + Relays), just with more sound combinations, for a grand total of 30 different "channel structures".
There should be a picture showing the main board somewhere in the forum.

Than you could add Gain, Eq, Deep and Presence into the equations as well for I don't know how many different sounds:)

People are amazing us as they are using it in a way we never tought, like using it as the main Bass amp or even by combining the two input for quickly switching between Electric and Acustic with GEQ and DI out :)

We are really proud of it!

Leo Diezel":1bgw36av said:
Amberience":1bgw36av said:

Almost identical to the VH4/Herbert/Hagen Preamp (Tubes + Relays), just with more sound combinations, for a grand total of 30 different "channel structures".

Than you could add Gain, Eq, Deep and Presence into the equations as well for I don't know how many different sounds:)

People are amazing us as they are using it in a way we never tought, like using it as the main Bass amp or even by combining the two input for quickly switching between Electric and Acustic with GEQ and DI out :)

Pretty sure you’re the digital guy behind this one, we spoke last year a bit about it.

Still has one always happening conversion correct? Never “fully” analog?

Ive got my quote already haha, but also debatig the pricing differences etc.

If I buy one via SW, who made it? Any of it assembled in germany? What are the specifics for VHX, Im seriously considering it.

moltenmetalburn":2duwo7r1 said:
Leo Diezel":2duwo7r1 said:
Amberience":2duwo7r1 said:

Pretty sure you’re the digital guy behind this one, we spoke last year a bit about it.

Still has one always happening conversion correct? Never “fully” analog?

Ive got my quote already haha, but also debatig the pricing differences etc.

If I buy one via SW, who made it? Any of it assembled in germany? What are the specifics for VHX, Im seriously considering it.

That's me :)
There is the conversion happening in place of the usual FX Loop, however even buffer and recovery stages are actual tubes :rock:

Every Diezel Head, including the VHX, is hand made in our workshop in Bad Staben, Germany.

Here you could find some information about it, on the latest released versoin, new version include a midi controlled wha and more user requested improvements.
https://www.diezelamplification.com/man ... M_1_71.pdf

Back