Vh4s on the way. Any tips?

Mikeyboyeee

Other than to let her rip? Def bucket list amp I was able to snag on reverb. Didn't realize it was the s until after the fact :D
Will mostly play thru a Splawn 4x12 with Celestion G12-65 creamback xpattern with Eminence Small blocks, an EVH 2x12, or 2 Mesa Boogie Mini rectifier 1x12s.
Also have a Fryette PS2 to tame if need be.
80s metal, hair trash, hard and classic rock is where she'll live :rock:

I believe it has to be hooked up to two cabs or you will damage the transformers; not sure if you know that. :)

I do and have a 4x12 and 2x12 same room to connect or 2 - 1x12 Boogie cabs. I was wondering if there was a way to bridge or completely shut down one of the power amps. Remove power tubes for that channel? I am guessing not, and certainly not an issue, but would be cool. I could always dump one side into MY PS2 AS WELL.

Can't wait!

Mikeyboyeee":1zv5c3n3 said:
I do and have a 4x12 and 2x12 same room to connect or 2 - 1x12 Boogie cabs. I was wondering if there was a way to bridge or completely shut down one of the power amps. Remove power tubes for that channel? I am guessing not, and certainly not an issue, but would be cool. I could always dump one side into MY PS2 AS WELL.

Can't wait!
You bought a stereo amp - don't fuck with it - run it in stereo.

My other piece of advice?? Crank it and enjoy the shit out of it - cuz it's a gorgeous bit of tone coming outta that beast :yes: :rock:

That's such a sweet amp man... :yes:

Also keep an eye out for Fryette Deliverance 412 cabs. They're awesome and run stereo in a single unit. The Fane speakers are kickass, and if you don't get Fane but the standard P50E, the P50E are easily sellable on Reverb or the like - there are a lot of people out there who dig P50E cones.

But if I needed a backline at all times - I'd run with Fryette D412s all day and night. Just load one up with V30s, the other with Creams or G25s, whatever the flavour - they handle all kinds of speakers, are built amazingly well. Surprised they don't get the press they should. So many artists use VHT/Fryette cabs. They're dope.

Of course, not as high-brow (deservedly so) as the Diezels, but just saying....

Back