VH4 with Fractal FX8 in 4 Cable Method (4CM)

Veritas0Aequitas

Has anyone tried their Diezel VH4 with a Fractal FX8 in 4 Cable Method (4CM) successfully?

Did you have to use Fractal humbuster cables or an Ebtech Hum Eliminator or HumX with it?

Did you use the Serial or Parallel loop? Anything else you did special?

I used to use a G-System with an Ebtech Hum Eliminator and it reduced most of the hum but not all of it. It was still a bit noisy when I wasn't playing and on a distorted channel like 3 or 4. Just wondering if the FX8 works better since it's meant to run the 4CM. I liked the G-System for effects, they sounded great, but it's a bit outdated and was kind of noisy. Hoping the FX8 solves those issues since I just ordered one yesterday.

Thanks!

I have Herbert and fx8 had the very the same dilemma.

Without hum-buster cables it's basically unusable, when I plugged fx8 to herbert first time I though fractal is broken that's how noisy it was.
If you running humbuster cables it's noisy but its manageable amount of noise, considering that on its own diezel is very quietly working amp. You will hear noise mostly on 4th Chanel of VH4 or 3th of the Herbert.
Tried Morley Hum eliminator – it's dead quite, but for some reason it drastically changed sound of amp even if plugged into parallel fx loop.
Solution I came up with is to use humbuster cable between fx8 and input of herbert and to cut ground wire on Send/Return cables(I cut them on jacks that goes in to FX8).
You still have ground connection through power cables(just plug FX8 and Amp to same socket) and between fx8 and Herbert input.

im running it this way for 5 mouths now without any issues both at home and stage.

I hope it helps. 

Back