Diezel VH4-2 pedal tones

VH4paul

Hi guys,
d'you have the 2-channel version of the VH4 pedal? Could you please tell me if it's capable of reproducing low gain/edge of breakup tones with the gain know as low as possible?

I'm looking for a 2-channel portable solution able to nail the VH4 tones but, since I also need lower/almost clean tones, I'd like to know if that's possible to get from this pedal somehow.

Thanks a lot

VH4paul":4k6pk29f said:
Hi guys,
d'you have the 2-channel version of the VH4 pedal? Could you please tell me if it's capable of reproducing low gain/edge of breakup tones with the gain know as low as possible?

I'm looking for a 2-channel portable solution able to nail the VH4 tones but, since I also need lower/almost clean tones, I'd like to know if that's possible to get from this pedal somehow.

Thanks a lot

Old post, but maybe i can still help you. As many here im a big Tool fan and since i only own a small amp which can't reproduce my needs i wanted something heavier. Lots of time spent on Google and other forums and since the VH2/VH4 were just to expensive i went for a Marshall JVM205C + VH4-2 Pedal. I gave them 1 week to show me love, but they refused :cry: Amp and pedal are going back tomorrow as i'm within the return time. That's not really helpful at all, isn't it? On the JVM205C you have 3 possibilites to add a pedal but since the VH4-2 isn't just an ordinary distortion pedal, you can also use it as a preamp. To do so, i used the "To power amp" output of the VH4-2 pedal and went directly into the JVMs "Power amp in". And only in this configuration it almost sounded like i wanted but with the downside that i couldn't alternate between the Pedal and the Clean channel of the Marshall since the JVMs preamp is deactivated when it has a cable in the "Power amp in". The pedal did sound very different in the FX Loop and when put in the front guitar input - so no solution for me. Maybe i could have brought that stuff to work as intended but with the money i had to spend for that was just showing me the path for a VH2 or VH4 head which i'm looking at it at the moment.

Back