Diezel cab question

• Thread starter Deleted member 3520
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3520

So I got anDiezel 2x12 rear loaded cab. It has tone tubby 4040 ceramic speakers. My other cab is a small pine cab with v30’s. When I plugged in the Diezel cab it was instantly very swept in the mids and harshnon the top end. Made my v30s sound smooth, which they are not. Is this a quality of the cab, or do these speakers just sound bright in the treble? Maybe that’s the ceramic magnet at work?

I’m sure neither actually suck, but for my application, this cab sounded opposite of what I expected. It’s HUGE sounding, but bass and super harsh.

fatbagg":m494423l said:
So I got anDiezel 2x12 rear loaded cab. It has tone tubby 4040 ceramic speakers. My other cab is a small pine cab with v30’s. When I plugged in the Diezel cab it was instantly very swept in the mids and harshnon the top end. Made my v30s sound smooth, which they are not. Is this a quality of the cab, or do these speakers just sound bright in the treble? Maybe that’s the ceramic magnet at work?

I’m sure neither actually suck, but for my application, this cab sounded opposite of what I expected. It’s HUGE sounding, but bass and super harsh.
I think there are some inherent oddities with this combination overall. First up, the TTs are decent speakers, but they're amp dependent IME. A Pine V30 is a totally different box, should be sweeter in the mids and highs overall but the V30 can easily just dominate the box. IME, the rear loaded always felt a little more pushed back and with less presence; but it shouldn't be to this extent. Something tells me I'd be looking at listening to one cab at a time and just getting to know it personally and how it performs with said amp under given channel changes and volumes and the like. I can't imagine making sense of two totally different cabs in stereo with such varying degrees of tonal output.

2 cents.

True. The cab itself is amazing, it has such a humongous and filling sound, and really pushes. I just don’t think I’m a fan of the TT speakers.

fatbagg":39yaou06 said:
True. The cab itself is amazing, it has such a humongous and filling sound, and really pushes. I just don’t think I’m a fan of the TT speakers.
Not saying they're not decent, but I never jumped onto the ToneTubby bandwagon.

Back