VH4 With JJ 6CA7's!!!

Emg77

Just put a qaud of these in my VH4. They smoke! I'm really impressed. The clarity and boldness of a 6l6 and still has the nice mid range of an EL34. Highly recommend giving them a try.

What tubes were replaced?
Only reason I'm asking is because I find the jj kt77's that now come stock in the VH4 give me a similar result vs el34's.

I might try the 6CA7 at some point; been curious about them for sure. I really dig the JJKT77! Have run them in numerous amps, currently in an MCII, and they sound awesome every time. JJE34L are pretty badass also, at least in the Wizard, not liking them as much in the Uber yet...probably just need more time to tweak and use the right OD. JJKT77 in the Uber :inlove:

I actually was running the Jj E34L’s previously which I dig. As far as the KT77’s the 6CA7’s seem to have a bit more body through the middle compared to The 77’s. Again I’m pretty smitten with these 6CA7’s!!

I tried the JJ ,6CA7’s a while back in the VH4.

To me they create a really specific sound.
You’ll either love it (evidence above) or hate it.

Kind of like a 6550 without so much bass.
Creamy and aggressive , but they have a frequency spike in the high mids
that I just didn’t like after a while. This is with V30’s.

Just my 2 cents ... take it for what it’s worth.

I've used 6AC7 in some darker amps, with some success.

I've become a meat and potatoes kinda guy nowadays - it's either KT77s or EL34s. But I've really become fond of the 77s being produced nowadays.

Good on ya for going full-tilt with the VH4 and 6AC7s and enjoying the outcome. We all need to find our grind :rock:

Ventura":mydp0e0u said:

I've become a meat and potatoes kinda guy nowadays - it's either KT77s or EL34s. But I've really become fond of the 77s being produced nowadays.

Good on ya for going full-tilt with the VH4 and 6AC7s and enjoying the outcome. We all need to find our grind :rock:

Love me some JJ KT77s :rock:

Ventura":id76duop said:

:rock:

Back