Einstein Biasing Issue

csplayer089

Hello all, new member here. Proud owner of both a Herbert MKI and an Einstein 100.

Did a full retube on the Einstein this morning. Followed the standard method (http://web.archive.org/web/200804032117 ... r.3.0.html) of rebiasing by pulling each fuse, using a multimeter set to 200ma DC, and attemping to read the current for the two pairs of tubes.

However, my multimeter reads 0. Nothing. And yes, I have verified that the amp was fully ON and not just on standby when attempting to do the reading.

So, what gives? FWIW I have a cheapo multimeter, however I tested it on a 9v battery and it gave me a proper reading. Perhaps the fuse for the MM is bad. I ordered a replacement which should be here tomorrow.

Any ideas why?

The amp works just fine (tested it to verify) but I need to rebias properly.

Edit: Also, with the black lead in the COM (black) test point and the red lead in the first test point, the Fuse LED light stays on. From what I've seen, the fuse light should turn OFF when the leads are making contact. Could this be some sort of contact issue with my leads? I have ordered some banana-style plugs just in case.

Back