Herbert vs Einstein?

MrFlexx

I own a Herbert MKII and want a Diezel with lower wattage and want to know how these two amps compares when it comes to the overdrive sounds?

MrFlexx":2yf7gzwr said:
I own a Herbert MKII and want a Diezel with lower wattage and want to know how these two amps compares when it comes to the overdrive sounds?
Only had the Mk.I but the Einstein and the original Herbert were very very different amps both in feel and in tone. Overdrive of the Einstein was more "present" and full. Crisper bottom. More playable with note distinction. Herbert was either thin on the crunchy stuff, but still very very good sounding, or very thick and fat in the heavier overdrive sounds (cleans were a notable "yes" - nice sounding - not as nice as the Hagen - but up there). I found it wasn't as sensitive to pick dynamics as the Einstein, but the Einstein didn't get me to heavy-metal face-melt either. Very different animals. If you've already got the Herb Mk.II, I'd say go for the Einstein as you'll have a lot of sonic ground covered owning those two amps.

Just my 2 cents.

Back