Diezel VH2 vs VH4 or Herbert?

Apex1Rg7X

So I'm in the middle of deciding which Diezel I want to buy. I owned an Einstein quite a few years ago and remember it being a killer amp so that is on the short list as well. My main question is how the VH2 and VH4 really compare. Watching the official VH2 demo with both Peter's they suggested that the ch.2 on the VH2 is a touch more modern with more gain than ch.3 on the VH4? They also mentioned the clean channel being a bit more open and full sounding, both demos sounded great to my ears so I'm not too concerned about that. I should also mention I like to play stuff like Slipknot, Deftones, Meshuggah, Tool etc...I play at home only. I know I should probably consider the Herbert as well. Someone point me in the right direction as I don't think you can make a wrong choice with Diezel amps. Thanks in advance.

Apex1Rg7X":2uqyqf67 said:
So I'm in the middle of deciding which Diezel I want to buy. I owned an Einstein quite a few years ago and remember it being a killer amp so that is on the short list as well. My main question is how the VH2 and VH4 really compare. Watching the official VH2 demo with both Peter's they suggested that the ch.2 on the VH2 is a touch more modern with more gain than ch.3 on the VH4? They also mentioned the clean channel being a bit more open and full sounding, both demos sounded great to my ears so I'm not too concerned about that. I should also mention I like to play stuff like Slipknot, Deftones, Meshuggah, Tool etc...I play at home only. I know I should probably consider the Herbert as well. Someone point me in the right direction as I don't think you can make a wrong choice with Diezel amps. Thanks in advance.
As a home player who likes to play the given bands mentioned above, and seeing as you've already got the ubiquitous 5150 in your arsenal, I'd opt for the least pricey out of the lot whilst still offering you the "full Diezel experience". So my vote goes to VH2 solely based on the intel you've offered.

I'm pretty keen to personally try out the Mk.III Herb, and have been a VH4 fan since god knows when. But given you're a home player, I doubt you'd need 6 powertubes (Herbert) or the additional 3 channels of the VH4, or either of their higher price-tags to get you what you want. Ch.1 of the VH2 is pretty versatile, and of course, Ch.2 is the meat of the matter that will give you the siggy Diezel tone.

2 cents.
Hope it helps.
Unkle Mo :thumbsup: :rock:

Ventura":3g5npuyi said:
Apex1Rg7X":3g5npuyi said:
As a home player who likes to play the given bands mentioned above, and seeing as you've already got the ubiquitous 5150 in your arsenal, I'd opt for the least pricey out of the lot whilst still offering you the "full Diezel experience". So my vote goes to VH2 solely based on the intel you've offered.

I'm pretty keen to personally try out the Mk.III Herb, and have been a VH4 fan since god knows when. But given you're a home player, I doubt you'd need 6 powertubes (Herbert) or the additional 3 channels of the VH4, or either of their higher price-tags to get you what you want. Ch.1 of the VH2 is pretty versatile, and of course, Ch.2 is the meat of the matter that will give you the siggy Diezel tone.

2 cents.
Hope it helps.
Unkle Mo :thumbsup: :rock:

Thanks for the reply. That's what my gut is telling me aswell, the VH2 just seems like the winner to me on paper. Would you take it over the Einstein as well?

Apex1Rg7X":2be2a2oh said:
Thanks for the reply. That's what my gut is telling me aswell, the VH2 just seems like the winner to me on paper. Would you take it over the Einstein as well?
The Einstein's a different amp altogether. Feel, tone...very very different amp. Amazing - but different.

Given what you've described above in your styles and preferences musically, I'd opt for the VH2.

:thumbsup:

I've got the Einstein as well. Trying to choose between the VH2 and VH4 is hard. Peter says everything extra on the VH4 gives it it's sound.

Daniel.S":zqam9c25 said:
I've got the Einstein as well. Trying to choose between the VH2 and VH4 is hard. Peter says everything extra on the VH4 gives it it's sound.
For sure I'd take the VH4 (always had at least one in the stable) over the VH2 on any given day without costs being a consideration. Who wouldn't :LOL: :LOL:

But if money's a consideration, and I needed that infamous special Diezel tone (ie: Ch.3 of the VH4), I'd go no where else but the VH2. Just my 2 cents.

Unkle Mo

Back