Used VH4

orionz06

Been waiting on the new stuff but may just pull the trigger on a used VH4. I see them around $2900-3300 on Reverb and eBay, anything to be aware of? Is that about the norm?

muh sounds high for a used one, isn't that more the price for a new one? (at least if you would purchase in germany)

regards

orionz06":mombmait said:
Been waiting on the new stuff but may just pull the trigger on a used VH4. I see them around $2900-3300 on Reverb and eBay, anything to be aware of? Is that about the norm?
Sounds about right - get the SN and run it here first to get an idea as to date of manufacture. Find out why the Seller is Selling; tubes installed, no-mods, etc. VH4s have been around a long time now - so it's kinda crucial you figure out just how old or new it is (crucial in the sense of how many hands has this amp seen, how many gigs, does it reek of smoke, has it been shitkicked, if it's a 2003 and in "mint" condition make sure it's not just a new headshell (I've seen that trick a couple times :gethim: ), etc. etc. etc.)

But they're amazing amps. As for "new stuff", what new stuff are you waiting for?? The VHX?? I'd not wait for that to sate your Diezel wants and needs; jump into the used market, get to know some of their top-tier amps, and figure out which ones you love. Some love the V, some love the Herb, some love the Paul, some love the D-Moll, Hagen, Schmidt, Einstein, etc. Go out there and get dirty... Play some.

I've been a Diezel fan for too long to remember. I'm a Hagen / D-Moll player with a VH4 in the back pocket at all times.

Play the kit and get to know them...they've all got their own styles and responses. And they're all glorious :D

Unkle Mo

Back