Reactive load + IR for Diezel Herbert?

Hellion

I am looking for a reactive load + IR with headphones output for my Herbert (180 Watts).
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Two Notes Torpedo LIVE is the best what I have used. Its power capacity is only 100W, so keep Herbert's Master low enough. Fortunately, there is no need to run these higain monsters at full master volume, since it does not improve the sound quality.

I use a Suhr RL IR with my Diezel Einstein 100 watt and I think it sounds great. You can use the Suhr IRs that come with the RL or you can load your own. If you keep the master low, you'll be fine.

Awesome! Thanks for your input. They are both great options. I might however go for the Suhr RL IR as it is less pricey. I wasn't sure if connecting the Herbert to a 100W load would damage the amp even with low master volume.

Stay away from torpedo, it's not truly Reactive Load, I would suggest Suhr RL. it is the best load box on market right now, I have one using with Herbert, sounds great.

here is some sound samples

belensky":1aclhvc1 said:
Stay away from torpedo, it's not truly Reactive Load box, Suhr RL is the best load box on market right now, I have one losing with Herbert, sounds great.

here is some sound samples https://youtu.be/2wQscYSOoWg

Not truly reactive ?? Some facts and also definition for 'true' pleae.... I have Torpedo LIVE and Bluetone Loadbox, which both are reactive loads and load amplifier similarly.

TTV":1kkdsyux said:
belensky":1kkdsyux said:
Stay away from torpedo, it's not truly Reactive Load box, Suhr RL is the best load box on market right now, I have one losing with Herbert, sounds great.

here is some sound samples https://youtu.be/2wQscYSOoWg

Not truly reactive ?? Some facts and also definition for 'true' pleae.... I have Torpedo LIVE and Bluetone Loadbox, which both are reactive loads and load amplifier similarly.

I'm not as technically advanced to explain these things, but friend of mine, who know these things really well, opened both, Suhr and Torpedo, and told me that torpedo it's not working truly in "reactive" manner in low end part of the signal.

Somebody may disagree but, I personally never liked the way torpedo sounded, it has that dull mid-boxy feel to it.

I also saw situation when torpedo went overly hot from 100W Marshall, and asked to be turned off. I newer had this situation with 180 Herbert and Suhr(master volume anywhere from 9 to 1 o'clock which is ridiculously loud),

Maybe Torpedo is good device for live usage(because of midi, and because it's frets in 1U rack, but for home/studio usage I believe there are better, less complicated and reliable devices.

belensky":2mxxf6gz said:
I'm not as technically advanced to explain these things, but friend of mine, who know these things really well, opened both, Suhr and Torpedo, and told me that torpedo it's not working truly in "reactive" manner in low end part of the signal.

Somebody may disagree but, I personally never liked the way torpedo sounded, it has that dull mid-boxy feel to it.

I also saw situation when torpedo went overly hot from 100W Marshall, and asked to be turned off. I newer had this situation with 180 Herbert and Suhr(master volume anywhere from 9 to 1 o'clock which is ridiculously loud),

Maybe Torpedo is good device for live usage(because of midi, and because it's frets in 1U rack, but for home/studio usage I believe there are better, less complicated and reliable devices.

Electric circuit configuration and user experience are different things and should not be mixed :) Reactive loads have inductance, capacitance and resistance mixed together. The first two define pretty much the frequency response, while the third is needed to dissipate real power. Depending the frequency characteristics, the losses are produced differently because of the amplifier signal. This means that Suhr and Torpedo may react differently to the same amplifier and thus produce different power losses. Still they both have reactance on signal path. Would be nice to get the analysis from your friend, especially for the 'low end part of the signal'.

I fully agree, that there are differences on loads. One should test those at the intended environment and draw own conclusions :)

Back