VH4S - effects/inserts/rigs & cable management

mjsb1

Hey guys,

looking to hear from fellow VH4S users! Interested to see how you're running your rig, how are you housing your effects etc. All on a pedalboard or racked and all midi programmed with a controller out front? Just trying to address cable management by the time I'd be done using both the parallel and serial loops and various inserts. Have you ended up moving towards rack effects units to maybe reduce this or have you stuck with pedals?

Look forward to seeing your thoughts and inputs (and rigs!!) :)

Nothing special from my side, not using a lot of effects but all are Midi switchable and therefore stored in a 19" rack. So only use a Midi Footswitch in front of me.

as said, not a lot of effects:
Mod in pre (mainly Chorus or Phaser)
Delay in serial loop of VH4
Reverb in Parallel loop

regards

I’ve never used the VH4 ‘s channel inserts, just haven’t felt the need.

Use an eclipse in the parallel loop , then run the VH4 and eclipse with midi.

Nice and simple.

Yeah, I never used the channel inserts, though I could see using them if you have some single-FX stomp boxes that you really like only with one specific channel.

I used a multi-effect unit set to "kill-dry" mode in the parallel loop and controlled everything on the floor with a midi thing. Then I had one dry cab and one wet/dry cab. I didn't use the series loop, but if you wanted something like a phaser or tremolo in a loop, I would probably stick that in the series loop (or a channel insert if you were only going to use them with a particular channel).

rickenbacker198":2b14bfbk said:

Nice and simple.

I heard that eclipse is slow on switching between presets. is it true? is it usable in Live situation ?

belensky":278aw766 said:
rickenbacker198":278aw766 said:

Nice and simple.

I heard that eclipse is slow on switching between presets. is it true? is it usable in Live situation ?

It’s not instant , maybe a quarter second or so to switch.
The newer software versions are much better than first ones.
I’ve never had a problem using it live, if a big hits coming after a change I switch it a second or so before.

rickenbacker198":31mbdypi said:
belensky":31mbdypi said:
rickenbacker198":31mbdypi said:

Nice and simple.

It’s not instant , maybe a quarter second or so to switch.
The newer software versions are much better than first ones.
I’ve never had a problem using it live, if a big hits coming after a change I switch it a second or so before.

I'm thinking to get Eclipse for my Herbert, in addition to fractal FX8.
As far as I understand Eventide can do, one effect at the time, so I'm going is to keep Fractal FX8 in parallel loop for some basic delays and reverbs, and put eclipse into switchable loop, for same classic eventide things, pitch shift, big reverbs etc.

Back