So here’s a weird VH4 problem, anyone had this happen?solved

RyeDaddy

Brand new out of the box VH4. Literally picked it up from the retailer, unsealed the box and plugged it in. Plug in guitar, no effects anywhere and.... barely any sound coming from the amp, even with master and channel volumes all the way up.

Scratch head, check tubes fault lights, fuses, cable and guitar. All good. Hmmmm.... turn up parallel loop volume, ah, we have sound. It’s acting like the 2nd master mod described in the manual! Except there’s no patch cable from send 2 to parallel loop input and Send 2 is off.

Now, insert patch cable from Send 2 to parallel loop return, same behavior. Turn on Send 2: BAM! Master volume works as normal and parallel loop volume does nothing.

It’s like the 2nd master volume work around but in reverse. What the hell?

Could a preamp tube for the loop be causing this or is there a wiring issue in the amp? Shit happens in shipping I know.

I’ve sent an email to the distributor already but it’s Friday so may not hear through the weekend, and holiday is coming up next week so I just wanna put a feeler out there and see if I can get some help faster.

If it's NIB, it shouldn't be anything other than user error - no offence. But let's look at this...

No sound, V1 preamp tube - however - if you're getting sound with the loop scenario, that means V1 is working fine.

As well, you've done the right thing with the fuses.

Are you direct into a cab? Or are you doing any other cabling? Load box?

Are there any lights on the various inserts, loops, etc. when the amp first powers up? It should just be power LED, and the channel of choice LED. Nothing else should be lit up.

Chain should be guitar - amp - cab. And if the chain is simple like this, then the amp ought to work (or at least we should be able to determine what issues are there, and I do believe you've likely walked through this...but it's always a little unnerving when you're sitting there with a brand new amp and it doesn't make a noise - it's very unnerving...I know).
However, if it is not, then it seems on "first glance" there's something going on with the Master 1 and Master 2, which could be circuit board related.

If you've contacted the dealer this would be the best option as - if it's new in box (NIB) - they should just replace it and have them deal with whatever issues it may or may not have. You've paid a pretty penny for the amp, so all your time should be spent playing, not figuring it out.

Keep us posted.
Unkle Mo

Definitely not user error, I’ve done all the troubleshooting I can do without turning the screws and opening it up. (Not wanting to do that with a new amp, I’ll let the US distributor deal with it unless it’s believed to be a tube problem). Weird. Maybe the shippers are beating the shit out of them but the box was undamaged.

Sent a video of the problem to the US Distributor who handles warranty stuff in the the States and he’s gonna send me a label to ship to them and I’ll see what happens.

I've owned two VH4. I blew the main power fuse on both amps within a couple of minutes of turning them on. These things can happen, even with amazing amps like these.

I miss my VH4 :(

I´m very sorry about your issue but what I do can is to take care of you.
I sent an email and you can anytime call me. We will get it solved.

Best regards,
Peter

Thank you, sir. I have to say the service here through yourself, the retailer and BAD has been unbelievable. Thank you very much. It’s getting taken care of.

Anybody reading this: shit happens with electronics but Diezel is one company that seems to take problems VERY seriously and will take care of you if you should run into an issue. I’ve never experienced nor did I expect this level of service. Stellar.

RyeDaddy":2qsnsem1 said:
Thank you, sir. I have to say the service here through yourself, the retailer and BAD has been unbelievable. Thank you very much. It’s getting taken care of.

Anybody reading this: shit happens with electronics but Diezel is one company that seems to take problems VERY seriously and will take care of you if you should run into an issue. I’ve never experienced nor did I expect this level of service. Stellar.
Damn straight :thumbsup:

Glad it's getting sorted out.

Unkle Mo

Back